Welcome, baking enthusiasts! Today, I am delighted to share with you my recipe for cherry chip cornflake cookies – a delicious treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you craving for more. As the name suggests, these cookies are made with cherry chips and crispy cornflakes mixed into a creamy batter, creating a unique texture that melts in your mouth.
I have always been fascinated by the versatility of cookies. These small bites come in all shapes and flavors, providing a nice change of pace from traditional chocolate chip sugar cookies. For this reason, I decided to experiment with different ingredients to create a cookie recipe that stands out from the rest.
These cherry chip cornflake cookies are not only delicious but also easy to make. With only a handful of ingredients, you can make a batch of them in no time. You can share them with your family and friends as a dessert or simply enjoy them on your own as an indulgent snack.
So what are you waiting for? Dust off your apron, preheat your oven, and follow me as we take a journey into the world of cherry winks – one of the most beloved cookies recipes in America.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you tired of the same old chocolate chip cookies? Looking for a dessert recipe that brings a little more excitement to your table? Look no further than these delectable cherry chip cornflake cookies.
Not only do these cookies provide a nice change of pace from traditional chocolate chip sugar cookies or snickerdoodles, but they also offer a crispiness and texture that is unmatched. The combination of sweet cherry chips and crunchy cornflakes make every bite a delightful surprise for your tastebuds.
And let’s not forget about the cherries themselves. These maraschino cherries add an extra layer of indulgence to the already mouth-watering recipe. Imagine biting into a warm, freshly baked cookie with that juicy, sweet center. It’s simply divine.
But the best part about this cookie recipe? It’s incredibly easy to make. With basic ingredients such as flour, sugar, butter, and eggs, you can whip together these treats in no time. Plus, since they’re so unique, they’re sure to impress any gathering of friends and family.
So why settle for boring desserts when you can try something new and exciting with this cherry chip cornflake cookie recipe? Trust me, your taste buds will thank you.
For the cookies:
- Butter or margarine – 1 cup (room temperature)
- Granulated sugar – 1 cup
- Egg – 1 large
- Almond extract – 1/2 teaspoon
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cherry chips or chopped maraschino cherries and chocolate chips – 2 cups
- Kellogg’s Corn Flakes cereal – 2 cups, crushed
For the cherry dots:
- Egg yolk – 1 large
- Granulated sugar – 1/4 cup
- Milk (whole or 2%) – 1/4 cup
- Almond extract – 1/4 teaspoon
- All-purpose flour – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- Salt – pinch
- Candied cherries, finely chopped – 1/3 cup
Note: It is important to use the right ingredients for best results. Substitutions may alter your final product.
The Recipe How-To
Now, the exciting part – let’s dive into making these delicious Cherry Chip Cornflake Cookies!
First, let’s gather all the ingredients:
- 1 cup (226g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups (219g) flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups (60g) crushed corn flakes
Don’t forget the star of the show – 2 cups of cherry chips!
Mixing the Dough
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, egg yolk, and almond extract and mix well.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add it to the creamed mixture while mixing on low speed.
Fold in the corn flakes and cherry chips until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
Use a cookie scoop or spoon to shape balls of dough about 2 inches apart on a prepared baking sheet. Bake for around 12 minutes until golden brown.
Once out of the oven, allow them to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy these crispy Cherry Chip Cornflake Cookies with a cold glass of milk or your favorite hot beverage!
Substitutions and Variations
Looking to mix things up with your Cherry Chip Cornflake Cookies? Here are some substitutions and variations that will offer a unique spin on this classic recipe.
– Swap out the cherry chip morsels for chocolate chips or chopped milk bar.
– Replace the corn flakes with frosted flakes or crushed cinnamon toast cereal.
– Add 1/3 cup of chopped candied cherries for an extra burst of cherry flavor and texture.
– For those who prefer a slightly less sweet cookie, reduce the sugar by 1/4 cup.
– Use margarine instead of butter for a dairy-free option.
With any of these substitutions, you’ll still be able to enjoy the crispy cherry chunks in every bite. These variations provide a nice change of pace from traditional chocolate chip cookies and provide great options for dessert recipes or holiday treats. Customizing cookies is always fun, so feel free to experiment with these options to find your perfect combination.
Serving and Pairing
These cherry chip cornflake cookies are absolutely delicious on their own, but they are even better when accompanied by a perfectly paired beverage. I suggest a glass of cold milk or a hot cup of tea. These drinks have the perfect balance of flavors to complement the sweetness of these cookies.
If you’re feeling extra indulgent, pair these cookies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The creamy ice cream helps to mellow out the sweetness of the cookies while adding a refreshing contrast in textures.
These cookies also make great gifts for friends and family during the holiday season. You can pack them up in a cute cookie tin or clear cellophane bag tied with ribbon for a festive touch. They’re perfect as part of a homemade dessert platter or as Christmas cookies that’ll make you feel right at home.
Regardless of how you choose to enjoy them, these crispy cherry delights are sure to provide a nice change of pace from traditional chocolate chip sugar cookies.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
These cherry chip cornflake cookies are truly versatile, making them perfect for any occasion. Whether you plan to make them in advance or store the leftovers, these cookies can stay fresh and tasty for days. Here are some tips on how to make the most of your cookie-making efforts:
– Make-Ahead: If you don’t have time to bake the cookies right away, you can make the dough ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator or freezer. To do this, shape the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap and chill the dough in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze it for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to bake the cookies, simply take them out of the fridge or freezer, let them thaw at room temperature for a few minutes, and bake as usual.
– Storing: Once your cookies are baked and cooled completely, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. You can also freeze them for longer storage. Wrap each cookie tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place them in a resealable freezer bag. They will keep well in the freezer for up to 2 months.
– Reheating: If you want to enjoy warm and freshly-baked cookies without having to make a whole new batch, you can easily reheat the stored cookies in just a few minutes. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake them in the oven for about 5 minutes or until they are heated through and slightly crispy on the outside.
By following these make-ahead, storing and reheating tips, you can enjoy these crispy cherry chip cornflake cookies any time you want!
Tips for Perfect Results
To get the most delicious Cherry Chip Cornflake Cookies, follow these tips to get perfect results every time:
First, when you cream the butter and sugar together make sure to beat them until they are light and fluffy. This will help incorporate air into the mixture creating a lighter cookie.
Next, don’t overmix the dough once you add the dry ingredients. Overmixing can make your cookies tough and dense.
It’s important to preheat your oven before baking the cookies. An oven thermometer can ensure that your oven is at the correct temperature of 375°F, which is necessary for optimal baking.
When rolling the dough into balls, try to make them as uniform in size as possible. This will help ensure that they cook evenly in the oven. I recommend using a cookie scoop to make this easier.
For a maximum crispy texture, add enough cornflakes into the batter so that they protrude outwards from each cookie in large flakes – this almost caramelizes them which is just delicious!
Lastly, let your cookies cool completely on a wire rack before storing them. Placing them in an airtight container while they are still warm can result in condensation and moisture inside the container, causing them to become soggy.
By following these tips, you’ll get perfectly baked cherry chip cornflake cookies every time!
In conclusion, this cherry chip cornflake cookies recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves a delicious and unique twist on traditional desserts. By combining the sweetness of cherries with the crunch of cornflakes, these cookies provide a nice change of pace from your typical chocolate chip sugar cookie.
Not only is this recipe easy to follow, but it also allows for substitutions and variations, giving you the freedom to make it your own. Whether you prefer margarine over butter or want to add some candied cherries or chocolate chips to the mix, this recipe can easily be adjusted to suit your taste buds.
Additionally, the make-ahead, storing and reheating tips provided ensure that you can enjoy these cookies at any time without worrying about their freshness or quality. And with helpful tips for perfect results and a comprehensive FAQ section, this recipe leaves no stones unturned.
So why not give these cherry chip cornflake cookies a try today? They are perfect for any occasion, from Christmas cookies to dessert recipes that will impress any crowd. Trust me; once you have tasted them, you won’t go back to traditional chocolate chip cookies!
Cherry Chip Cornflake Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soft butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup corn flakes (crumbled)
- 5 ounces miniature cherry chips
- Cream butter, sugar, egg and flavoring.
- Add flour and salt.
- Stir in cornflakes and cherry chips.
- Roll into 1" balls, placing onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press with fork lenthwise and crosswise, and sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from pan while warm.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Steven is a chef by heritage, so it’s no wonder why baking is such a big part of who he is. To share his passion for all things sweet, he created cookiesncrepes.com. It’s the perfect platform to indulge in delicious treats, all with a sprinkle of his signature flare.