Are you craving something sweet and cinnamon-y? Look no further than these delectable Cinnamon Stick cookies! With just the right combination of crunch and chewiness, these cookies are the perfect treat for any occasion.
Nothing beats the aroma of fresh-baked cookies wafting through the house, and that’s exactly what you’ll get with this recipe. These Cinnamon Sticks are a twist on the classic sugar cookie, infused with all the warmth and spice of cinnamon for that extra layer of flavor.
Whether you’re baking them for a holiday party, a special occasion or simply as a snack, these cookies are guaranteed to delight the taste buds of everyone who tries them. So put on your apron and turn up the oven, because it’s time to whip up some delicious Cinnamon Stick cookies!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you a fan of cookies? Do you love the smell of cinnamon wafting through your home? If the answer is yes, then you’ll absolutely adore this cinnamon sticks cookies recipe!
These cookies are the perfect balance between crunchy and chewy, with just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy your craving for something scrumptious. They are incredibly easy to make and require only a few basic ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
But why settle for bland and boring cookies? This cinnamon stick cookies recipe is filled with rich flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. The combination of brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and all-purpose flour creates an irresistible aroma that will transport you to a cozy winter afternoon by the fire.
And if you’re feeling creative, this recipe is highly customizable! You can add extra nuts, chocolate chips or dried fruit to the dough to give it some extra oomph. Or try different types of coatings such as granulated sugar or powdered sugar – the possibilities are endless!
These cinnamon sticks cookies also add a perfect touch to any occasion, whether it’s a holiday treat, dessert for a dinner party with friends, or an afternoon snack. Bake them up quickly and add them into your kid’s lunch boxes for a sweet surprise.
With all these fantastic reasons to try this recipe, what are you waiting for? Whip up a batch of these delicious cinnamon sticks cookies today and indulge in their magical taste!
- 1 cup (230 g) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups (300 g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 3 ¼ cups (405 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 g) baking soda
- 1 tsp (3 g) ground cinnamon
For the Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (220 g) brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons (10 g) ground cinnamon
Pro Tip: Using margarine or butter is essential to give these cinnamon stick cookies their desirable texture. While either ingredient will work, I personally prefer using butter because it results in a richer flavor. Additionally, make sure to use room temperature butter for easier and quicker mixing of the ingredients. Another important factor in making these cookies is to use high-quality ground cinnamon to get the best flavor possible.
The Recipe How-To
Let’s roll up our sleeves and get baking some cinnamon stick cookies! This recipe is straightforward and beginner-friendly, but with the potential for creative flair as well. Here’s a step-by-step guide to whip up these crunchy-chewy delights:
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (220 grams) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (360 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) ground cinnamon
(1) Start by preheating your oven to 350°F/180°C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
(2) In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder.
(3) In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter until fluffy. Add in both sugars gradually and beat on medium speed until well incorporated.
(4) Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to mix until evenly combined. Then gradually add the flour mixture into this bowl while stirring on low speed. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl regularly.
(5) Shape about a tablespoon’s worth of dough into a log shape that’s roughly 4 inches long and half an inch thick, then place them on prepared baking sheets. Baking time will depend on cookie size so be sure to adjust accordingly – for these cookie sticks, bake for about 12-15 minutes or just until you see the edges turn slightly golden.
(6) While they’re still hot from the oven, sprinkle some cinnamon sugar over the cookies to give them more flavour! To make cinnamon sugar, combine white sugar with ground cinnamon in a separate bowl before sprinkling it atop each cookie.
(7) Transfer finished cookies onto wire racks to cool completely.
Enjoy your homemade cinnamon stick cookies either on their own or served with your favourite drink!
Pro tip: If you’re looking to shake up this recipe a bit more or cater to individual preferences or dietary needs, check out section (5) for substitutions and variations!
Substitutions and Variations
Are you looking to put a different spin on these delicious cinnamon stick cookies? Fear not, as there are plenty of substitutions and variations that you can try out to create a unique twist to this recipe.
If you’re looking for a healthier alternative, consider using margarine instead of butter. You can also swap out the all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour to increase the fiber content in your cookies. Another option is to use coconut sugar or maple syrup as a natural sweetener, instead of traditional white sugar.
For those who want to get extra creative with their cinnamon stick cookies, try adding in some chopped nuts or dried fruit to the recipe mix. This will give your cookies an added texture and flavor that is sure to impress.
If you want to take your cinnamon sticks up a notch, roll your cookie dough in cinnamon sugar before baking them. This will create a crunchy, chewy cinnamon crust that perfectly complements the soft and chewy center of these cookies.
Alternatively, you could also experiment with different shapes and sizes for your cinnamon stick cookies. Try making jumbo cookies by forming larger balls of dough and flattening them out to make bigger cookie discs. You could even create fun holiday shapes like stars or reindeer for Christmas time!
With so many variations and substitutions available, the possibilities for creating your perfect batch of cinnamon stick cookies are endless. Give each one a try until you find your favorite combination!
Serving and Pairing
Once your cinnamon stick cookies are baked to golden perfection, the fun doesn’t stop there! These crunchy, chewy, cinnamon-sugar-laced delights are so versatile that you can serve them up in any number of ways.
One option is to present them as a sweet treat with morning or afternoon tea. Their sweetness and aromatic cinnamon flavor make them an ideal companion to your favorite cuppa. They also make for an excellent dessert, especially when paired with homemade apple pies or tarts.
If you’re feeling creative, why not turn these cookie sticks into jumbo cookies that you can decorate with icing or chocolate? You could also shape them into round cookies or even bake them in festive molds for Halloween or Christmas.
For a more substantial snack, try serving these cinnamon stick cookies with creamy vanilla ice cream, fluffy whipped cream or a generous dollop of homemade cinnamon cream cheese frosting. The cool and creamy toppings complement the warm and spicy flavors of these chewy cinnamon sticks perfectly.
Whether you choose to serve them plain or dressed up in their finest finery, these crispy and chewy cinnamon delights are sure to please everyone who tries them. So go ahead and experiment with your own serving and pairing ideas – the possibilities are endless!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Once you’ve made your crunchy chewy cinnamon stick cookies, you can take measures to extend their life span. Let me share some tips on how to store and reheat them properly.
If you want to make the cookie dough ahead of time, that’s no problem at all. Simply roll the dough into logs, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap, and place them into a freezer-safe container. The dough will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you want to bake them, just remove the logs from the freezer and let them sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before slicing and baking as usual.
To store your freshly baked cookies, allow them to cool completely before placing them into an airtight container. You can arrange the cookies in layers separated by parchment paper or wax paper if needed. At room temperature, the cookies should stay fresh for up to three days.
If you’re not going to eat all of your cinnamon sticks cookies within three days, don’t worry. These cookies are perfect for freezing! You can either freeze the baked cookies or freeze the cookie dough- both work well.
For baked cookies: Allow your cookies to cool completely before wrapping each one in plastic wrap or aluminum foil (wrapping them individually will prevent sticking). Then place all of the wrapped-up cookies into a freezer-friendly container or Ziploc bag, making sure that they’re arranged in such a way that they won’t break or get squished when frozen. They can be stored this way for up to two months.
For cookie dough: Roll your dough logs tightly in plastic wrap and then put them inside of a Ziploc bag with a date written on it. Cookie dough can be frozen for up to three months.
Reheating these cookie sticks is easy! Just preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 5–7 minutes or until they’re golden brown and warm throughout. The microwave can also be used but I wouldn’t recommend this as it may affect their texture by making them hard instead of crispy.
With these storage methods and reheating tips, you’ll never have to worry about stale cinnamon stick cookies. Just pop them into the oven or thaw them out and enjoy!
Tips for Perfect Results
Achieving perfect cinnamon sticks may seem daunting, but with my expert tips, you’ll end up with a crunchy chewy cinnamon stick cookie that will impress all your friends and family. Here are some tips to ensure that your cookies come out of the oven with the perfect texture, flavor, and aroma:
1. Use Room Temperature Butter: Always make sure your butter is at room temperature before adding it to the mix. If it’s too cold or too warm, it won’t cream properly with the sugar and will affect the texture of the cookie.
2. Cream the Butter and Sugar Well: In order to incorporate enough air into the mixture, cream the butter and sugar together for at least 5 minutes until it becomes light and fluffy.
3. Measure Ingredients Accurately: Baking is a science, so make sure you measure your ingredients precisely to ensure consistent results each time you bake these cookies.
4. Be Gentle When Adding Flour: Overmixing your dough can result in tough cookies. Add the flour slowly while mixing on low speed, and stop as soon as everything is combined.
5. Chill Your Dough: To prevent spreading in the oven and to achieve a nice round shape, let your dough chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before baking.
6. Use High-Quality Cinnamon: The right cinnamon can make all the difference in this recipe. Make sure to use fresh ground cinnamon to add an extra depth of flavor to your cookies.
7. Don’t Overbake: The key to achieving a soft but crunchy cookie is not overbaking. Bake them in a preheated oven until they look just set and start turning golden brown around the bottoms.
8. Store Cookies Properly: Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container after they have cooled completely. They should keep for about five days at room temperature.
By following these tips when making our cinnamon stick cookies recipe or any cookie recipe, you can create picture-perfect cookies every time!
In conclusion, the cinnamon sticks (cookies) recipe is a perfect treat for any time of the year, from Christmas to summer picnics. The recipe is easy to follow and can be customized to your liking by adding your favorite toppings or substituting ingredients to create new flavors.
Using high-quality ingredients like unsalted butter and ground cinnamon will ensure that your cinnamon sticks are packed with flavor and have the perfect texture, whether you prefer them crunchy or chewy.
Plus, with the variety of substitutions and variations available, this recipe is perfect for accommodating dietary restrictions or personal preferences.
So why not try out this tasty recipe and impress your friends and family with some creative cookie creations? Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out, these cinnamon sticks are sure to be a hit – not to mention they’re perfect for sharing!
Cinnamon Sticks (cookies) Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 drops cinnamon oil
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixer bowl beat egg whites till you form soft peaks, gradually add sugar till you form stiff peaks.
- Stir together the flour and cinnamon.
- fold into egg whites.
- Stir together oil of cinnamon and margarine or butter; fold into egg white mixture.
- Drop batter by 2 level measuring teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet and spread with a spatula to a 3-inch circle, baking 2 or 3 cookies at a time allowing room to spread.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes or till golden around the edges.
- Let cool for only 2 0r 3 seconds, then loosen and quickly roll around a wooden spoon handle (a chopstick works well too).
- Slid cookie onto a cooling rack and continue with other cookies.
- Repeat with remaining batter, using a clean greased cookie sheet for each batch.
- NOTE: If the cookie becomes too stiff to roll return to the oven for one minute.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Steven is a chef by heritage, so it’s no wonder why baking is such a big part of who he is. To share his passion for all things sweet, he created cookiesncrepes.com. It’s the perfect platform to indulge in delicious treats, all with a sprinkle of his signature flare.