Picture this: a warm, gooey peanut butter cookie, with just the right amount of softness and chewiness. Are you salivating yet? This is what I have in store for you today – a recipe for some of the most irresistible peanut butter cookies that you’ll ever taste.
As a baker, I’ve tried my fair share of cookie recipes, but this one is by far my favorite. And to sweeten the deal, it’s modeled after Mrs. Field’s Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies recipe. You know their reputation for delicious cookies, so you can rest assured that this recipe is a winner.
These cookies are perfect for any occasion – whether it’s an after-school snack or a dessert for a fancy dinner party. They’re versatile and can be paired with many different beverages such as coffee, milk or tea. And let’s face it; who doesn’t love a classic peanut butter cookie? It’s the ultimate comfort food that brings back great childhood memories.
It’s time to start baking, so gather your ingredients and let’s get started!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Listen up cookie lovers, I’ve got a recipe that will rock your tastebuds and make you fall head over heels for peanut butter cookies. This is not just any peanut butter cookie recipe, folks. It’s Mrs. Field’s Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe and let me tell you, it’s worth every single bite.
First of all, let’s talk about the texture of these cookies. They are soft, chewy, and absolutely divine. There’s no dry, crumbly mess here like you may have experienced with other cookie recipes. These babies are gooey peanut butter goodness that will have you begging for more.
And we haven’t even gotten to the flavor yet – creamy peanut butter mixed with a perfect balance of salty and sweet. The dark brown sugar adds a depth of flavor that takes these cookies to the next level. You won’t be able to resist sneaking another one from the cookie jar.
But wait, there’s more! This recipe is easy to follow with simple ingredients you likely already have in your pantry – flour, eggs, baking soda, and of course, creamy peanut butter. And if you want to zhuzh it up a bit, feel free to add in some white chocolate chips or crunchy peanut bits for an extra special treat.
Trust me when I say that once you try Mrs. Field’s Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe, it will become a staple in your dessert rotation. So go ahead and treat yourself to a little slice of heaven – you deserve it!
Let me break down the ingredients that you will need to make these scrumptious Mrs. Field’s Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies. For optimal results, make sure you’re using the exact measurements provided below.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Note that these ingredients make about 4 dozen cookies, so be ready to indulge in some chewy-peanut-butter goodness!
The Recipe How-To
Now it’s time to get started with the nitty-gritty of the Mrs. Field’s Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe. The following are the steps you will need to follow:
Step 1: Preheat Oven and Get Your Baking Sheet Ready
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Combine Wet Ingredients in a Large Bowl
In a large bowl, mix 1 cup of butter (softened), 1 cup of creamy peanut butter, 1 cup of granulated sugar, and 1 cup of packed dark brown sugar. Cream the ingredients together until they are light and fluffy using an electric mixer.
Step 3: Add Dry Ingredients
In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients gradually until they are well combined.
Step 4: Mix In Eggs and Vanilla Extract
Add in 2 large eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then add in 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and mix again.
Step 5: Roll Dough into Ball Shape
Roll the dough into balls that are about one tablespoon in size using your hands.
Step 6: Flatten Balls with Fork
Dip a fork in water, then press it onto each ball twice so that marks form a crossed pattern.
Step 7: Bake for 8-10 Minutes
Place the cookies onto your prepared baking sheet, spacing them at least 2 inches apart. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown on top but still soft when touched.
Once they’re done, remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool completely. Voila! Your freshly baked Mrs. Field’s Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies are now ready to enjoy.
Even if you’re not confident in your baking skills you don’t have to worry; this recipe is very easy to follow. Just be sure to follow each step carefully and you’ll have yourself some delicious cookies that can easily compete with those found at bakeries!
Substitutions and Variations
Now, let’s get creative with this recipe – after all, baking is all about experimenting! Here are some substitutions and variations you can try:
1. Swap out the creamy peanut butter for crunchy peanut butter to add a bit of texture to the cookies.
2. Add in 1 cup of chocolate chips or white chocolate chips to the batter for a classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
3. If you are not a fan of sugar overload, you can cut back a bit on the granulated sugar or dark brown sugar, just be careful not to alter the dough’s chemistry too much!
4. Replace the vanilla extract with almond extract for a nuttier flavor.
5. If you want some fruit to balance out these sweets, add in one-third cup of dried cranberries or raisins or even small bits of fresh strawberries or chopped bananas.
6. For a gluten-free option, try substituting an all-purpose gluten-free flour blend.
7. Instead of eggs, you could substitute chia gel (1 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons water) in this recipe — but be sure to note that this will result in slightly different dough consistency, so adjustments might need to be made accordingly.
8. To make vegan friendly cookies, swap the butter for your favorite plant-based alternative just make sure it is salted and softened at room temperature
Remember that these changes may also affect baking times and texture, so keep an eye on things as you go! Overall though, don’t be afraid to modify the recipe here and there until you find your personal favorite version of Mrs. Field’s Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies.
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving Mrs. Field’s Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies, there really is no wrong way to do it. These scrumptious treats are perfect for any occasion or setting, whether you want a midday snack or a sweet bite during movie night with friends.
Personally, I love to pair a warm, freshly baked cookie with a cold glass of milk. It’s a classic combination that everyone loves and brings back fond childhood memories. But you can also enjoy them with hot coffee, tea or even some hot chocolate.
For a more decadent indulgence, try sandwiching two of these peanut butter cookies together with your favorite ice cream flavor in the middle – think cookies and cream, vanilla, or chocolate fudge! Satisfy every taste bud by adding some chopped roasted peanuts over the ice cream before joining both cookies.
Another excellent pairing is with some mixed fruits like strawberries, raspberries or blueberries. The fruity tartness of berries works exceptionally well against the sweet soft chewiness of these peanut butter loaded cookies.
If you can resist eating all of them at once (which isn’t easy!), storing leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature will keep these delicious cookies fresh for up to three days. They also freeze incredibly well, so you can keep them on hand for surprise guests, week-end cravings or whenever that peanut butter craving hits hard.
No matter how you serve them or pair them, these Mrs. Field’s Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies are packed full of flavor and are guaranteed to impress your taste buds and those around you!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
There’s nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked peanut butter cookies, especially when they’re soft and chewy like Mrs. Field’s signature recipe. But what if you’ve got a batch of these delightful morsels all to yourself? Fear not, my dear bakers, as I’ve got some tips on how to store, reheat, and even make-ahead the cookies.
If you’ve got some time to spare, it’s always best to make the dough ahead of time and freeze it. To do this, simply follow the same recipe and instructions for making the dough but instead of baking them right away, roll the dough into small balls or logs and wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. These can be stored in the freezer for up to three months. When you’re ready to bake them, simply take them out of the freezer and let them thaw at room temperature for about an hour before baking as directed.
But let’s say you’ve already baked all your cookies. The first step is to let them cool completely on a wire rack. Once they reach room temperature, transfer the cookies to an airtight container with a sheet of parchment paper between each layer to avoid them sticking together. If you have a large batch and not enough containers, ziplock bags work just as well.
Now it’s time to discuss reheating. There are a couple of methods you can use depending on what type of cookie-crisp or gooey-you prefer. For crispier cookies, preheat your oven to 350°F and place your cookies in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly tent the tray with foil and place it in the oven for about 5 minutes or until they reach your desired level of crispiness.
For those who crave gooey peanut butter center cookies, try reheating them in the microwave. Simply place two cookies on a microwave-safe plate and heat on high for about 10-15 seconds. If they’re still not as gooey as you want them to be, continue reheating in 5-second intervals until you get that perfect texture.
There you have it-freshly baked peanut butter cookies anytime, anywhere!
Tips for Perfect Results
Now, let’s move on to some tips and tricks that will help you achieve the perfect soft and chewy peanut butter cookies just like Mrs. Field’s!
1. Use creamy peanut butter: While crunchy peanut butter may add texture, it can also make your cookies hard and dry. Creamy peanut butter, on the other hand, will give the right moisture and consistency to the cookie dough.
2. Soften the butter: Make sure that the butter is softened at room temperature before mixing the ingredients. Softening the butter will ensure that all ingredients mix well, resulting in a smooth cookie dough.
3. Chill the dough: After making the dough, chill it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight. Chilling allows for easier handling of the dough and prevents spreading of cookies while baking.
4. Measure ingredients accurately: It’s important to measure each ingredient accurately in baking recipes. Too much flour will make your cookies tough, while too little will make them flat and spread out.
5. Add white chocolate chips: While this is optional, adding some white chocolate chips to the peanut butter cookie dough will give them a nice flavor contrast and make them more interesting.
6. Bake at lower temperatures: Baking peanut butter cookies at a lower temperature of 325°F rather than at 350°F will keep them softer and moister.
7. Don’t overbake: Keep a close eye on your cookies while they’re in the oven and take them out when they’re slightly underbaked. They continue cooking after they have been removed from the oven due to residual heat.
8. Store them correctly: Once baked and cooled, store your cookies in an airtight container with a slice of bread or a damp paper towel to retain their softness.
Follow these tips for perfect results every time you bake Mrs Field’s soft chewy peanut butter cookies recipe,and enjoy sharing these delicious delights with family and friends alike!
As an experienced baker, I know that even the most detailed recipe can leave some questions unanswered. That’s why, in this section, I’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Mrs. Field’s Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies recipe. From substitutions to storage tips, I’ve got you covered so you can achieve perfect results every time.
What is the secret to chewy cookies?
Let me share with you a great tip for baking delicious cookies. Whenever a recipe calls for an egg, try using only the yolk instead of the whole egg. The white part of the egg can easily get dry when baked and can make your cookies less appetizing. By using only the yolk, you can make your cookies more chewy and moist, which is always a good thing. The yolk contains more fat compared to the white, making it a natural ingredient to keep your cookies soft and scrumptious. So, why settle for ordinary cookies when you can easily double the yolks and create an extra special batch?
Why are my peanut butter cookies always hard?
If you’re wondering why your peanut butter cookies have turned out hard, it could be because they were baked for too long. Ideally, peanut butter cookies should not be baked for more than 8 to 9 minutes.
Why are my peanut butter cookies falling apart?
Have you ever made peanut butter cookies only to have them turn out dry and crumbly? This can happen due to a couple of reasons. One possibility is that you left them in the oven for too long. It can be challenging to tell when peanut butter cookies are fully cooked as they may not appear cooked even when they are.
Why do my peanut butter cookies not taste like peanut butter?
When baking peanut butter cookies, it is important to use the right type of peanut butter to avoid making a common mistake. The preferred type of peanut butter for this recipe is a processed creamy peanut butter, specifically Jif or Skippy.
In conclusion, Mrs. Field’s Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies recipe is the perfect choice for every baker that loves to indulge in a scrumptious snack without having to exert too much effort. The combination of creamy peanut butter, vanilla extract, and other essential ingredients guarantees a mouth-watering taste that you won’t forget. With all the tips, substitutions and variations, and even serving suggestions provided, you can make these cookies your own while keeping them as delicious as always.
Overall, this recipe will never disappoint you, whether you’re an experienced baker or a beginner. So why keep wasting your time on dry and crumbly cookies hard as rocks when you can enjoy these heavenly soft and chewy peanut butter cookies? Give it a go today, follow the recipe step-by-step, and witness the magic of Mrs. Field’s Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies recipe!
Mrs. Field’s Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- On medium speed, in large bowl, blend sugars; add butter, mix till grainy consistency. Add eggs, peanut butter and vanilla extract; beat till fluffy. On low speed, add flour mixture until barely mixed into butter mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonsful, 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Use a wet or flour coated fork to gently press a crisscross pattern on top of each cookie.
- Bake until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned, approximately 18 to 20 minutes. Remove to cool on a flat surface.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Steven is a chef by heritage, so it’s no wonder why baking is such a big part of who he is. To share his passion for all things sweet, he created cookiesncrepes.com. It’s the perfect platform to indulge in delicious treats, all with a sprinkle of his signature flare.