Imagine the scents of coconut milk and red curry paste making their way through your kitchen, a sizzle and pop emanating from the pan as chunks of chicken breast hit the oil. That is what cooking the Copycat Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp recipe is all about. This flavorful dish is a perfect balance of sweet and savory, with chunky peanut butter and honey adding a touch of indulgence to each bite.
As an articulative assistant for a baker, I am always on the lookout for delicious recipes to share with our audience. The Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp dish has been around for some time now, but nothing beats crafting it in the comfort of your own kitchen! Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also affordable, making it an excellent choice for those looking to whip up something quick yet elegant.
This dish is an Asian-inspired creation that pays homage to one of America’s most decadent restaurants: The Cheesecake Factory. The restaurant is famous for its sleek decor and indulgent treats, but its entrees are just as amazing. The Copycat Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp recipe provides an affordable at-home alternative that won’t disappoint.
With the combination of chicken and shrimp, this recipe promises to fill you up while tantalizing your taste buds with unique flavors. Whether you’re searching for a different dinner recipe or are a fan of Asian cuisine, this recipe will win your heart. So why wait? Grab your ingredients (see ingredient list) and let’s get cooking!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This copycat Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp recipe is bound to excite your taste buds with its delectable combination of chicken, shrimp, and bold seasoning. What makes this recipe so special is the creamy peanut sauce that will leave you craving for more.
Imagine succulent chicken and fresh, plump shrimp sautéed until perfectly cooked in a pan of coconut oil. Then tossed with flavorful chunky peanut sauce infused with garlic, soy sauce, and lime juice. The dish is garnished with green onions and sesame seeds and served on a bed of rice noodles or steamed rice.
One bite of this dish will take your taste buds on an unforgettable journey. The flavors are complex and well-balanced with the perfect amount of sweet, salty, tangy, and spicy notes. The coconut milk, curry paste, and fish sauce give it a unique Thai twist that’s hard to resist.
Furthermore, not only is this recipe easily customizable but also perfect for everyone – whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just craving a restaurant-quality meal at home. With ingredients readily available at your local grocery store, this recipe is not only delicious but also affordable.
Indulge in a plate of Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp and experience the explosion of flavors that will leave you feeling satisfied and happy. This recipe has become a favorite among many for a reason – it’s downright scrumptious!
Here’s what you need to make this Copycat Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp Recipe:
For the Shrimp Recipe:
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of coconut oil, for frying
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of red curry paste
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube, dissolved in water
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 can of coconut milk
For the Chicken recipe:
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup of flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup of chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar or lime juice
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of chili sauce or Sriracha hot sauce, optional
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
Most ingredients can be found in your local grocery store or supermarket. To ensure you have everything you need before starting, it’s best to double-check the ingredient list above.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have all the ingredients ready, it’s time to start with the recipe. Follow these simple steps to create your own Copycat Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp Recipe.
For the shrimp:
Step 1: Coat the shrimp
First, pick up a large bowl and mix together 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Take one egg and beat it in another bowl. Then, coat the shrimp by first dipping them in the egg mixture and then rolling them in flour mixture. Make sure they are well coated.
Step 2: Fry the shrimp
Heat up 1/4 cup of coconut oil in a large pan on high heat. Carefully place the shrimp in the hot oil and fry for about 3-4 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Once done, put them aside and prepare for the sauce.
For the sauce:
Step 1: Mix all ingredients
Grab a medium-sized bowl and mix together 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of fish sauce, 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 teaspoons rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1/4 cup coconut milk.
Step 2: Combine with shrimp
In another frying pan, heat up 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on medium heat. Once hot, add in your cooked shrimp along with your prepared sauce. Toss everything together until everything is evenly coated in sauce.
For the chicken:
Step 1: Prepare for cooking
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Take two chicken breasts and cut them into bite-size pieces about an inch wide.
Step 2: Cook chicken
In a large frying pan, heat up two tablespoons canola oil and one tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in your bite-size chicken pieces along with some salt and pepper. Sautee the chicken for about 7-8 minutes, wait until they’re cooked through but not dry.
Step 3: Combine with vegetables
When you’re done cooking the chicken, remove it from heat, then add some sesame seeds as well as your diced vegetables such as zucchinis, carrots, onions or whatever you prefer. Toss it everything together so that it’s nicely combined before popping it into your preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until your veggies turn soft but not soggy.
There you go! Do you smell the great aroma of our Copycat Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp? Let’s serve it up for a heavenly dining experience together with our suggested complementary side dishes!
Substitutions and Variations
Looking to mix things up in the kitchen? Lucky for you, the Copycat Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp recipe is easily adaptable with a few simple substitutions and variations.
– Vegetarian? Swap out the chicken and shrimp for tofu or extra veggies like peppers, broccoli or snap peas to make a vegan-friendly version.
– Gluten-Free? Coat the chicken and shrimp in almond flour or gluten-free breadcrumbs instead of traditional flour. Substitute soy sauce for fish sauce and use gluten-free bouillon cubes.
– Spice Level? Adjust the heat by reducing or adding cayenne pepper, chili sauce or curry paste. For those looking to tone it down, try substituting honey for some of the spice.
– Peanut Allergy? Swap out the peanut butter for almond butter or cashew butter. Alternatively, you can omit the peanut butter and opt for a garlic chili sauce instead.
– Coconut Milk Substitute: Use regular milk, Greek yogurt or heavy cream as a substitute for coconut milk.
These substitutions will not only cater to dietary restrictions but also add your personal flair to the recipe. Experimentation is key when it comes to cooking – feel free to add your twist on this delicious and versatile copycat recipe!
Serving and Pairing
Now that your Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp dish is ready, it’s time to serve and enjoy! This dish is the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. The tender shrimp and chicken with the creamy sauce will satisfy any seafood lover, and the combination of spices and flavors will leave you wanting more!
To enhance the overall taste, you can serve it over steamed rice or noodles. This dish is great by itself but would also be delicious with some stir-fried veggies on the side. I recommend using some carrots or zucchini, which will pair well with the spicy kick from the sauce.
For a refreshing drink that compliments the spiciness of this dish, try a cold beer or a white wine like Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc. You could also serve it with my personal favorite – an iced tea infused with peach and mint.
This meal has a great presentation, so display it beautifully on a white plate and sprinkle some sesame seeds or green onions on top. The colors of the veggies will make it pop even more, creating an irresistible presentation.
Enjoy your culinary masterpiece, and don’t forget to take a picture to show off your cooking skills to your friends and family!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
When it comes to meal-prepping and planning, this Copycat Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp recipe is a great option. You can make the components of the dish ahead of time, just be sure to store them properly.
For the chicken and shrimp, I recommend cooking them fresh as they tend to dry out when reheated. However, you can prepare the vegetables like zucchini, carrots, and onions ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator.
If you find yourself with leftovers, it’s important to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. When you’re ready to eat, heat the chicken, shrimp, and vegetables separately to preserve their texture and prevent overcooking.
If you’re looking to reheat this dish from frozen, I suggest allowing it to thaw completely in the refrigerator overnight before reheating. You can reheat the components separately in a skillet with a bit of coconut oil over medium-high heat.
This recipe is not ideal for freezing as the shrimp and chicken tend to lose their texture and flavor once thawed. However, if you have leftover peanut sauce, you can definitely freeze that for future use! Simply transfer it to an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to three months.
In conclusion, while there are options for preparing components of this dish ahead of time, reheating and storing can be tricky. Just remember to store leftovers properly and reheat components separately to maintain their integrity.
Tips for Perfect Results
As an experienced baker, I know how important it is to have the perfect finishing touch on a recipe. Here are some tips to ensure that your Copycat Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp Recipe turns out exactly as you hoped:
1. Don’t be afraid of spice: The cayenne pepper in this recipe gives it some heat, but don’t shy away from it! It’s what makes this dish so unique and delicious. However, if you’re really sensitive to spicy food, you can always reduce the amount of cayenne used.
2. Get your mise en place organized: Make sure all your ingredients are prepped and ready to go before you start cooking. This will help things move along smoothly and prevent any mishaps along the way.
3. Use high quality shrimp and chicken breasts: The quality of your protein matters in this recipe. Look for fresh shrimp and chicken breasts that are free from any added hormones or antibiotics.
4. Cook chicken and shrimp separately: To avoid overcooking either the chicken or shrimp, cook them separately. This will allow each ingredient to cook just right without compromising the other.
5. Keep veggies uniform in size: When preparing the carrots and zucchini, try to keep them all around the same size for even cooking.
6. Try different variations of peanut sauce: While this recipe uses a chunky peanut butter sauce, feel free to experiment with smooth peanut butter or even almond butter for a different take on the classic sauce.
7. Serve with a lime wedge: Before serving, squeeze a bit of fresh lime juice over the chicken and shrimp for an extra hit of tanginess that brings all the flavors together.
With these tips in mind, you’re well on your way to creating a perfectly flavorful and well-executed Copycat Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp Recipe.
In conclusion, this Copycat Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves bold flavors and delicious cuisine. With its unique blend of spices and ingredients, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any dinner party or family gathering.
By following our recipe, you can easily recreate the same flavors as the Cheesecake Factory’s famous dish in the comfort of your own home. Plus, with the added benefit of being able to adjust it to your taste preferences or dietary restrictions, this recipe is incredibly versatile.
So why not give it a try? You won’t be disappointed in the delicious results. Thank you for reading, and happy cooking!
Copycat Cheesecake Factory Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp Recipe
Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 2 small carrots, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 green onions, sliced
- peanuts and sesame seeds (to garnish)
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Chicken and Shrimp:
- In a sauté pan over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and sauté onion, garlic and ginger until soft and golden, about 5 minutes. Add carrots and zucchini and sauté for another 3 minutes. Remove the veggies from the pan and set aside. Add flour to bite-sized pieces of chicken and mix to combine. Sauté the chicken in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil for 3 minutes until golden brown. Add the veggies back to the pan and season with the 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pinch of pepper. Add the curry paste, coconut milk, and vegetable bouillon and bring to a simmer. Add the frozen peas and simmer, stirring often, for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the shrimp. Place the beaten egg in one bowl, then the shredded coconut , flour, salt and pepper into another bowl. Dip the shrimp into the beaten egg first, then into the coconut and flour mixture. Sauté shrimp in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium high heat until crispy and golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes per side depending on the size of your shrimp. Place on top of the chicken and veggies in coconut sauce. Garnish with scallions, peanuts and sesame seeds. Drizzle with peanut sauce.
- Peanut Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients and serve.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Steven is a chef by heritage, so it’s no wonder why baking is such a big part of who he is. To share his passion for all things sweet, he created cookiesncrepes.com. It’s the perfect platform to indulge in delicious treats, all with a sprinkle of his signature flare.