Are you looking for a dessert that will transport your taste buds to a tropical paradise? Look no further than this mango key lime pie recipe. With its sweet and tangy flavors, this dessert is perfect for any occasion.
The combination of juicy mango, tart key lime juice, and creamy sweetened condensed milk creates a flavor profile that will have you begging for seconds. The graham cracker crust adds the perfect crunch to contrast the soft, velvety filling inside.
Not only is this recipe delicious, but it’s also easy to make. With just a few simple steps, you can create a showstopper dessert that will impress even the most discerning guests. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started on making this delectable mango key lime pie recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Indulging in a sweet, tropical dessert is exactly what you need to brighten up your day, and this Mango Key Lime Pie recipe is here to satisfy that craving. Wallowing in the juicy and succulent flavor of mangoes is already delightful, but when combined with tangy key lime juice and creamy sweetened condensed milk, it forms a magical harmony in your taste buds that soothes your senses irresistibly.
This recipe is perfect for any occasion – be it a gathering with friends or a family dinner. It’s an excellent way to impress your guests and leave them craving for more. Plus, it’s effortless to make, so even if you’re not an expert baker, you can ace it without breaking a sweat.
The combination of flavors in this Mango Key Lime Pie recipe is one-of-a-kind, and I assure you that this dessert won’t go uneaten on any occasion. Trust me; you’ll fall in love with the creamy texture and harmonious blend of every bite. So give yourself a well-deserved treat and indulge in this sweet paradise by making this pie recipe today!
The Mango Key Lime Pie Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients for this mango key lime pie recipe:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs (10 graham crackers broken into pieces)
- Confectioners’ Sugar (1/4 cup)
- Cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon)
- Butter (5 tablespoons, melted)
- Cream Cheese, softened (1/2 cup)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 oz can)
- Key Lime Juice (1/2 cup)
- Egg Yolks, large (3 egg yolks)
- Mango Puree (1 cup mango chunks blended to a puree)
- Unsalted Butter, melted (2 tablespoons)
- Lime Zest (1/4 teaspoon)
You can find all these ingredients in your nearest supermarket. But if you are looking for fresh mangoes, try visiting your local farmer’s market or Publix.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we know the ingredients needed for this mango key lime pie, let’s dive into the how-to part.
1. Make The Crust
First things first, we need to make the crust. For this, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs*, confectioners’ sugar, cinnamon, and 5 tablespoons of melted butter**. Mix everything well and press onto the bottom and sides of a 10-inch pie pan. Once done, bake it in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Prepare The Mango Lime Filling
While the crust is being baked in the oven, prepare the mango lime filling by whisking together 3 cups of diced mango, one can (14 oz) of sweetened condensed milk, 2 egg yolks, 1/2 cup of fresh key lime juice, and 2 tablespoons of unsalted, melted butter.
After whisking together all ingredients until smooth, pour it over the baked crust once done.
3. Bake Mango Key Lime Pie
Bake the mango lime pie in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until you see a slight set in the center.
4. Cool & Chill
Once done, remove from heat and allow it to cool for a few minutes on a cooling rack before transferring it into a refrigerator. Let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before slicing it up into delicious servings.
Now that you know how easy it is to make a mango key lime pie, go ahead and give it a try! It will surely transport you to some exotic tropical paradise with its fruity goodness!
Substitutions and Variations
Looking to switch things up with this Mango Key Lime Pie Recipe? Fear not! There are plenty of substitutions and variations you can try without compromising the delicious taste.
One simple substitution is to swap out the graham cracker crust for a honey graham crust. You could also experiment with using chocolate or vanilla wafers for a different flavor. If you’re feeling adventurous, try using a coconut macaroon or shortbread cookie crust instead.
For those who prefer a healthier option, consider using almond flour for your crust. This adds a nutty flavor and is gluten-free.
If Key limes are hard to come by, or if lime juice is your preference, feel free to substitute in regular lime juice for Key lime juice. You could even use lemon juice if you want to try something different.
If you’re looking to add more fruitiness to the mix, consider adding slices of fresh mango on top of the pie or blending some mango chunks into the cream cheese mixture.
Vegetarians can use vegan sweetened condensed milk and replace eggs with flax eggs. A dairy-free option would be to use coconut cream instead of sweetened condensed milk and a vegan butter substitute in place of unsalted butter.
With so many variations available, you can customize this recipe to your liking while still achieving great results. Get creative and enjoy experimenting with new flavors!
Serving and Pairing
Once you try this delightful Mango Key Lime Pie, you’ll quickly realize that it’s perfect by itself or with an accompaniment of your choice. One of the best things about this dessert is its versatility, making it a great match for many beverage options.
For an elegant presentation and to enhance its citrus flavors, serve it chilled with freshly squeezed lime juice and sliced mangoes as a decoration. You can also sprinkle some confectioners’ sugar on top to add sweetness and texture.
Pairing this dessert with a semi-dry champagne, Sauvignon Blanc or white wine with a slightly oaky flavor will help balance out its creaminess while complementing the tartness of the key limes.
Alternatively, you can pair your Mango Key Lime Pie with a refreshing glass of iced tea or fruit-infused water if you want something lighter. The subtle sweetness of the drink will offer an excellent counterbalance to the richness of the pie’s filling.
Experimenting with different serving presentations and drink options is one way to create an unforgettable culinary experience at home. Whether serving for family and friends or guests, this Mango Key Lime Pie is sure to impress everyone!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
As a busy baker, I understand the importance of having desserts that can be made ahead of time, stored until needed, and reheated without losing their delicious flavors. Fortunately, this Mango Key Lime Pie Recipe can easily be prepared in advance and kept fresh for several days.
To make things easier, consider making the crust ahead of time and storing it separately from the filling. Simply cover it tightly with plastic wrap or foil and store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.
The filling can be made up to two days in advance as well. Once it has cooled, transfer it to an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to assemble the pie.
When you’re ready to serve the pie, allow it to come to room temperature before slicing into individual pieces. If you prefer your pie warm, simply place slices on a baking sheet and heat them in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
This Mango Key Lime Pie is a fantastic dessert that you can make in advance for any occasion while maintaining its deliciousness.
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that you know all the steps to make this delicious Mango Key Lime Pie recipe, let me share with you some tips that will help you get perfect results every time:
1. Use fresh ingredients: This may seem obvious, but using fresh and high-quality ingredients will make a difference in the taste and texture of your pie. Try to use fresh key lime juice, ripe mangoes, and good quality graham crackers.
2. Chill the crust: After pressing the graham cracker mixture into the pie pan, chill it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before baking. This will help the crust hold its shape and prevent it from crumbling or falling apart.
3. Let the pie cool down: Once you’ve baked the pie, let it cool down completely before slicing it. This will allow the filling to set properly and make it easier to cut and serve.
4. Don’t overwork the filling: When making the filling, be careful not to overwork it. Overmixing can cause the filling to become too thick or even curdle.
5. Add cream cheese for extra creaminess: If you want your pie to have a creamy texture, try adding a few tablespoons of softened cream cheese to the filling mixture. This will give it a smooth and silky consistency.
6. Garnish with fresh fruit: A great way to enhance the presentation of your Mango Key Lime Pie is by garnishing it with fresh sliced mangoes or lime wedges.
By following these simple tips, you’ll be able to create a beautiful and delicious Mango Key Lime Pie that everyone will love.
In conclusion, this Mango Key Lime Pie recipe is an absolute must-try for anyone who loves a dessert that is both tangy and sweet. With the right combination of ingredients, you can achieve a smooth and creamy texture that will melt in your mouth with every bite.
Whether you are planning a nice dinner party or just want to indulge in a delicious treat for yourself, this recipe is sure to impress. Plus, you can customize it to your liking with substitutions and variations that will make it unique to your taste buds.
So go ahead and give this recipe a try! With a little bit of patience and effort, you too can savor the delicious taste of this Mango Key Lime Pie recipe. And who knows? This dessert might just become your new favorite among all other desserts out there.
Mango Key Lime Pie Recipe
For the Graham cracker crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
For the Filling
- 1/3 cup mango, pureed
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 up key lime juice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup mango, diced
- 3 cups whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Make crust: in large bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and butter; mix well. Press mix into a 10-inch pie pan, sides and bottom. Set aside.
- Make filling: in a food processor (or blender) process mango until pureed. Add egg yolks, lime juice and the two cans of milk. Mix, combining well. Fold in the diced mango using a rubber spatula to keep the mango intact.
- Pour mixture into crust and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and cool pie completely. Keep refrigerated until shortly before serving. Top with fresh whipped cream.
Your Own Notes
Steven is a chef by heritage, so it’s no wonder why baking is such a big part of who he is. To share his passion for all things sweet, he created cookiesncrepes.com. It’s the perfect platform to indulge in delicious treats, all with a sprinkle of his signature flare.