Welcome to the world of baking! There is nothing quite like the mix of butter, flour, and sugar that magically transforms into a sumptuous cake. Today, I am excited to share with you my recipe for Happy Cake, a classic pound cake that is sure to put a smile on your face.
Baking can be therapeutic, and this recipe is perfect for when you want to relax and indulge in some sinfully sweet aromas that will fill your home. Pound cakes have been around since the 1700s and were originally made with one pound each of butter, sugar, eggs, and flour – hence the name. This recipe puts a modern twist on the traditional pound cake by adding cream cheese which makes it extra moist and flavorful.
If you are looking for an easy-to-follow recipe that yields a perfect pound cake every single time, then look no further. Trust me; this cake is anything but ordinary. From its delicious moist vanilla flavor to its satisfying mile-high texture, this Happy Cake is guaranteed to brighten your day. So heat up that oven and let’s get started on baking this delightful treat – an excellent way to celebrate National Pound Cake Day!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Attention, cake lovers! I am thrilled to introduce you to the Happy Cake – a pound cake recipe that is sure to give your taste buds a reason to smile. Here are a few reasons why you should love this recipe as much as we do:
Firstly, it’s versatile enough to fit any occasion. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, hosting a party or just indulging in some afternoon tea, this Happy Cake will make every event special. Plus, there are endless variations available such as lemon, strawberry or funfetti flavors, which means you can customize it according to your mood.
Secondly, this cake is incredibly moist and soft while also being dense and flavorful at the same time. The secret ingredient is cream cheese that not only keeps the crumb tender but also imparts a delicate tangy flavor. The result is a sinfully sweet cake that melts in your mouth with every bite.
Thirdly, it’s easy to make and requires only fundamental baking skills. As long as you follow the precise measurements and techniques outline step-by-step in the recipe article, you’ll be rewarded with a perfect pound cake every time.
Lastly, this Happy Cake is pure happiness in every sense of the word. It’s a classic recipe that evokes memories of happy times spent with loved ones over slices of cake. It even has its own National Pound Cake Day (March 4th), making it a great way to celebrate this iconic dessert.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for an easy yet delicious pound cake recipe that packs in plenty of flavor and can be customized according to your taste buds request while also bringing happiness and nostalgia along with it then look no further than the unpretentious Happy Cake!
Here are the ingredients you will need to make a delicious and moist Happy Cake (Pound Cake) recipe:
- 1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened and at room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 4 cups cake flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Note: For a cream cheese pound cake, add 8 oz of cream cheese to the recipe.
Why these ingredients work together:
Butter, sugar, and eggs are some of the main ingredients in any pound cake recipe. Cake flour is used instead of all-purpose flour to achieve that tender crumb. A balance of buttermilk, vanilla and almond extracts adds an exceptional depth of flavor to the cake. The combination of baking powder and baking soda is the secret ingredient that makes your Happy Cake rise perfectly every time.
The Recipe How-To
Now, it’s time to get our hands dirty, or should I say, buttery! Here is our step-by-step guide on how to make the Happy Cake (Pound Cake).
✓ 1 pound (453 grams) of butter, softened at room temperature
✓ 3 cups of sugar
✓ 6 large eggs, at room temperature
✓ 4 cups of cake flour
✓ 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
✓ 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
✓ 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
✓ 1/2 teaspoon of salt
✓ 1 cup of buttermilk, at room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 325˚F (163°C).
- Grease and dust with flour a standard-sized (10-15 cup) Bundt or tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter on medium speed until creamy for about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the sugar and continue beating for about five minutes or until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time while still continuing to beat.
- Reduce the mixer speed and stir in half of the flour mixture until just combined
- Then add in all the buttermilk and vanilla extract; mix again until combined
- Finish by adding in the remaining flour mixture and mix until incorporated
- Pour your batter into your prepared pan and smooth the surface with a spatula
- Bake for about an hour and fifteen minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let the cake cool for about ten minutes in the pan.
- Split with a knife any cake batter outside center column that may have collected then place it onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
With these steps, you can make sure that every slice has that “just made” taste even after several hours!
Substitutions and Variations
Variety is the spice of life, and you can definitely spice up your Happy Cake (Pound Cake) recipe with some substitutions and variations. There are endless ways to customize this cake according to your personal tastes and preferences. Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
– Lemon Pound Cake: For a tangy twist on the classic pound cake, zest two lemons into the batter and drizzle a lemon glaze over the finished cake.
– Strawberry Swirl Pound Cake: Layer fresh strawberry slices in between the batter for a fruity burst of sweetness.
– Funfetti Pound Cake: Add a splash of fun with rainbow sprinkles mixed into the batter. This is perfect for birthdays or any occasion that calls for a celebration!
– Chocolate Pound Cake: Satisfy your chocolate craving by replacing 1 cup of cake flour with cocoa powder, and adding ¾ cup of mini chocolate chips.
– Old-Fashioned Pound Cake: Looking for a vintage vibe? Swap out 1 cup of butter for 1 cup of vegetable shortening, and add 1 teaspoon of nutmeg to the batter.
– Cheesecake Swirl Pound Cake: Cream cheese makes everything better! Beat together 8 oz. cream cheese with ¼ cup sugar and 1 egg yolk until creamy, then divide the pound cake batter in half. Alternate layers of the cheesecake mixture and remaining batter in the baking pan before baking as usual.
These are just a few ideas to experiment with when making Happy Cake (Pound Cake). Don’t be afraid to mix it up and try something new! The possibilities are as endless as your imagination.
Serving and Pairing
Serving and pairing the Happy Cake (Pound Cake) Recipe is just as important as making it. It’s one of those desserts that can be enjoyed any time of day, but the serving method and pairing will depend on the occasion or personal preference.
For a classic touch, serve Happy Cake (Pound Cake) Recipe on its own with a cup of hot coffee or tea. You can also cut it into slices and top it with whipped cream and some colorful berries like strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries for added flavor.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try pairing the cake with some delicious homemade ice cream to create an indulgent dessert. The creamy richness of buttercream frosting will also make a perfect match for this moist vanilla pound cake.
For a breakfast or brunch twist in Happy Cake (Pound Cake) Recipe, you can serve it with warm maple syrup and crispy bacon on the side. The flavors are a perfect mix in your mouth that balances the delicate sweetness of the cake with the salty crispy flavor of the bacon.
Happy cakes do not only have to be eaten alone or paired with rich desserts. One suggestion is to use your favorite jam spread on this cake recipe for breakfast or a midday treat.
In summary, sky’s the limit when it comes to serving and pairing Happy Cake (Pound Cake) Recipe. Whether you wish to indulge in something sinfully sweet or crave something more refreshing, there’s an ideal combination to suit every taste bud when it comes to our delicious moist vanilla pound cake recipe.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Now that your Happy Cake (Pound Cake) is baked and ready to eat, let’s talk about storing and reheating options.
If you’re making the cake for an event or occasion, it can be made ahead of time and stored. This cake can be baked 1-2 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it. Simply wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store it in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out.
When reheating the cake, there are a few options depending on your preference. You can microwave individual slices for 10-15 seconds or warm them up in the oven at 300°F for about 5-10 minutes. Be mindful not to overheat the cake as it may result in a dry texture.
If you have leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week. This cake also freezes well! You can freeze individual slices by wrapping them tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and storing them in an airtight freezer bag for up to 3 months.
To thaw the frozen cake, remove it from the freezer bag and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving. Or, you can microwave individual slices for 20-30 seconds or heat them up in the oven at 300°F for about 10-15 minutes.
With these storage and reheating tips, you can enjoy your Happy Cake (Pound Cake) even days after baking it.
Tips for Perfect Results
If you want your Happy Cake to be the talk of the town, follow these tips for perfect results that will surely make your cake stand out from the rest.
First, always make sure to measure your ingredients accurately. Baking is a science and every ingredient plays a crucial role in the outcome of your baked goods. Even a slight difference in amount could drastically affect the texture and taste of the final product.
Another tip is to use room temperature ingredients, particularly the eggs and butter. The butter should be soft enough to cream without being melted or greasy. Meanwhile, room temperature eggs create more volume when beaten together with sugar as compared to colder ones.
In making pound cakes, sifting the dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, and salt helps them be evenly distributed throughout the batter. This allows for an even rise and prevents clumps that could result in an uneven texture.
Additionally, do not overmix the batter after adding flour as this can lead to a tough cake. Always mix until just combined or until there are no more visible traces of flour in the mixture.
For a moist and flavorful Happy Cake, adding buttermilk in proportion to flour will also make a big difference. You can also experiment with different flavorings like almond extract or lemon zest to provide variations to your recipe.
Lastly, remember that patience and timing are crucial components of every baking process. Ensure that your oven has been properly preheated, and resist opening it frequently while baking as this will cause heat loss and could potentially “deflate” your cake.
By following these simple yet critical tips for perfect results, you will surely have an outstandingly delicious Happy Cake that everyone will love!
In conclusion, I can confidently say that the Happy Cake (Pound Cake) recipe is a must-try for any baking enthusiast. This deliciously moist vanilla pound cake is quick and easy to make, and the perfect dessert for any occasion. Whether you’re celebrating National Pound Cake Day or just looking for a sinfully sweet treat, this cake will not disappoint.
With its simple ingredient list and easy-to-follow instructions, this recipe is perfect for both novice bakers and experienced ones. Plus, the versatility of this cake allows you to tailor it to your preferences with the option of substitutions and variations.
So what are you waiting for? Get your ingredients ready and start baking your own Happy Cake (Pound Cake). The results will speak for themselves, and you’ll be left with a cake so delicious that it’s sure to put a smile on everyone’s face.
Happy Cake ( Pound Cake ) Recipe
- 3 cups cake flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10" Bundt or tube pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter.
- Add sugar, vanilla and eggs, mixing well.
- Add milk.
- Sift dry ingredients and add slowly to mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and finish cooling on platter.
- Serve with fresh fruit or lemon curd.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Steven is a chef by heritage, so it’s no wonder why baking is such a big part of who he is. To share his passion for all things sweet, he created cookiesncrepes.com. It’s the perfect platform to indulge in delicious treats, all with a sprinkle of his signature flare.