Sweet Treats: Indulge in a Decadent Carob Pudding Recipe
Prepare your taste buds for a delightful dessert with our carob pudding recipe. This gluten-free and dairy-free recipe is perfect for those with dietary restrictions who still crave something sweet and satisfying.
Our creamy carob pudding will give you all the chocolaty richness you desire without any of the unhealthy side effects. Ditch the heavy cream, sugar, and lactose-filled milk of a traditional chocolate pudding for this lighter, melt-in-your-mouth alternative.
With no compromise on flavor or texture, our carob pudding is the ultimate dessert for all occasions. Whether it’s a dinner party, cozy movie night at home, or simply satisfying your sweet tooth, this recipe is sure to become one of your favorites.
Made primarily with coconut milk, arrowroot powder, and stevia powder, our dairy-free gluten-free carob pudding is a great source of healthy fats while being low on calories. The addition of carob powder not only enhances the taste but also provides several health benefits like fiber content and antioxidant properties.
So let’s get ready to indulge in a guilt-free dessert that’s easy to make and completely customizable to suit your preferences. Follow along for our detailed instructions on how to make this deliciously satisfying creamy carob pudding!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you a fan of chocolate pudding but looking for a healthier alternative? Look no further than this creamy and delicious Carob Pudding recipe! Not only is it gluten-free and dairy-free, but it also contains no refined sugar.
But don’t let those health benefits fool you into thinking this dessert lacks in flavor. The combination of carob powder, vanilla, stevia, and arrowroot creates a rich and fudgy taste that rivals any chocolate pudding. Plus, the use of coconut milk adds a subtle, nutty flavor that complements the sweetness perfectly.
This recipe is perfect for those with dietary restrictions or anyone looking to incorporate healthier options into their diet without sacrificing taste. The creamy texture and rich flavor make it an excellent dessert or snack option that everyone can enjoy.
So why settle for a boring old chocolate pudding? Switch things up with this delicious and easy-to-make Carob Pudding recipe. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you!
Ingredients for the Creamy Carob Pudding:
- Carob Powder: Unsweetened carob powder provides the distinctive chocolate-like flavor to this dessert. Be sure to use pure carob powder, not a blend of cocoa and carob, to keep this recipe gluten and dairy-free.
- Arrowroot: Arrowroot is a naturally gluten-free starch that helps to thicken the pudding. Cornstarch can also be used in place of arrowroot.
- Stevia Powder or Maple Syrup: I prefer using stevia powder to sweeten the pudding, but maple syrup or honey can also be used as natural sweeteners.
- Coconut Milk: Full-fat coconut milk adds creaminess to the pudding while keeping it dairy-free. You can also use any non-dairy substitute of choice such as almond milk, cashew milk or soy milk.
- Vanilla Extract: A hint of vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor profile of the pudding.
- Use a nonstick pot with a thick bottom to prevent the pudding from burning or sticking.
- Make sure to stir constantly when heating and whisk well during the addition of new ingredients.
- For extra creaminess, use two cans of coconut milk instead of one.
The Recipe How-To
Step 1: Prepare the Ingredients
Before anything else, I make sure that all the ingredients are ready in front of me. I measure and prepare everything, from the coconut milk to the arrowroot powder, and from the carob powder to the stevia powder. Doing this ensures that my cooking process will be smooth and hassle-free.
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup of carob powder
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of stevia powder
- Pinch of sea salt
Step 2: Mix the Dry Ingredients
In a mixing bowl, I whisk together the carob powder, arrowroot powder, and sea salt. Doing so helps to ensure that the mixture is well-combined before adding it to other wet ingredients.
- 1/2 cup of carob powder
- 1/2 cup of arrowroot powder
- pinch of sea salt
Step 3: Combine Sweeteners and Mix
In another bowl, combine maple syrup and stevia together. It is sweet and sugar-free! Then pour in the coconut milk that creates a rich creamy base into your mixture bowl. Stir all these ingredients well.
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of stevia powder
- 2 cups of coconut milk
Step 4: Combine Wet & Dry Ingredients
Once my wet and dry bowls are prepared, I slowly pour them into each other while stirring until they’re completely combined, forming a creamy mixture.
Step 5: Cook on low heat
Then I transfer it over a low-medium heat saucepan. While continuously stirring for about seven minutes or until it forms pudding like consistency.
Step 6: Chill Before Serving
Once done cooking, remove from heat and let it cool for about ten minutes then transfer to an airtight container. Chill it in the fridge for at least two hours to obtain maximum thickness until it’s time for serving.
Enjoy your delicious gluten-free dairy-free Carob Pudding!
Substitutions and Variations
When it comes to making substitutions and variations for this carob pudding recipe, the possibilities are endless! Here are some ideas for tweaking the recipe to meet your dietary needs or add a unique twist:
– Sweetener: Stevia powder is used in this recipe as a sugar substitute, but feel free to use any other sweetener you prefer. Maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar, or even mashed bananas would all work well.
– Milk: Coconut milk adds a creamy texture to this pudding without using dairy. However, almond milk, oat milk or soy milk can be used as a replacement as well.
– Thickener: Arrowroot powder is used in this recipe as a gluten-free thickener. Cornstarch is a great substitute if you don’t have arrowroot powder at hand.
– Chocolate flavor: If you want to add more chocolate flavor to this carob pudding, try melting some dairy-free chocolate chips or cacao nibs and mixing them into the pudding before refrigerating it.
– Flavor twist: For an extra flavor blast, try adding a teaspoon of vanilla extract or ground cinnamon to the pudding mixture before refrigerating it.
– Toppings: This creamy carob pudding is delicious on its own but can also be topped with fresh fruit or nuts for an added crunchy texture. Other toppings like whipped cream or coconut cream would also work well.
Remember that substitutions may change the texture and flavor of the pudding – so start with small variations and see what works best for you!
Serving and Pairing
Once the pudding is chilled and set, it’s ready to be served! This creamy carob pudding is an indulgent dessert that you can enjoy as a snack or after your main course. It has a rich and decadent chocolate-like flavor, without any of the guilt!
For an extra crunch, sprinkle some carob chips or cacao nibs on top of the pudding before serving. You could also add fresh berries, like raspberries or strawberries, to balance out the richness of the chocolate.
If you want to take it up a notch, create a delicious parfait with layers of carob pudding, whipped coconut cream and crushed nuts. The combination of textures and flavors will be sure to satisfy your taste buds.
For a fun twist, try turning this pudding into popsicles! Simply pour the mixture into molds and let them freeze for several hours until they’re completely set. These refreshing treats are perfect for hot summer days.
Whether you choose to enjoy this pudding on its own or turn it into another dessert creation, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Plus, since it’s dairy-free and gluten-free, it’s an ideal option for anyone with dietary restrictions.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
This Carob Pudding is an ideal make-ahead dessert. Once prepared, the pudding can be refrigerated for up to 3 days, making it the perfect dessert for a dinner party or a family feast. When stored in an airtight container, this gluten-free and dairy-free pudding retains its creamy texture and intense flavor.
To store the Carob Pudding, transfer it into an airtight container and keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. If you want to keep your pudding looking its best, cover the top with plastic wrap before sealing the container.
When it’s time to reheat the pudding, let it come to room temperature first. Gently stir the pudding as you warm it in the microwave or on the stovetop, being careful not to overheat it. The pudding can be served warm or cold; however, we find that most people prefer it chilled.
You can also make smaller individual servings of this creamy carob dessert by pouring it into ramekins or small cups. This not only makes serving easier but provides portion control as well.
Finally, if you are wondering what to do with leftover Carob Pudding, get creative! Use it as a filling for a Swiss roll or pie or layer it with fresh berries and carob chips for an exquisite parfait. You can even freeze small individual portions of this delicious concoction for quick and easy pudding pops when you want to indulge in something sweet on-the-go!
Tips for Perfect Results
Carob pudding is a delicious and healthy dessert that everyone can enjoy. Whether you’re making it for yourself or for your loved ones, you want to make sure that it turns out perfectly every time. Here are some tips to help you achieve the best results possible:
1. Use high-quality ingredients
The quality of the ingredients you use can make a big difference in the taste and texture of your carob pudding. Make sure to use fresh and high-quality coconut milk, carob powder, arrowroot powder, and vanilla extract. Using good quality ingredients will result in a richer and creamier carob pudding.
2. Be precise with measurements
To get the perfect consistency, it’s important to measure all of the ingredients accurately, especially the arrowroot powder. Too much or too little can affect the texture of your pudding, so follow the recipe instructions carefully.
3. Mix thoroughly
When you’re mixing together the ingredients for your carob pudding, make sure to mix them thoroughly until they are smooth and well combined. This will ensure that your pudding is evenly flavored and has a smooth texture.
4. Chill before serving
Letting your carob pudding chill in the refrigerator for several hours before serving will give it time to set and develop its flavors fully. It will also give you a chance to check if the dessert has set perfectly.
5. Don’t overheat the pudding
While heating up the mixture is an essential step in preparing carob pudding, overheating it can cause it to become lumpy or grainy. Melt the ingredients together gently using low heat to avoid this problem.
6. Add sweetness gradually
Since taste buds are different between people, sugar intake preferences vary as well; Therefore add sweetness using stevia powder or maple syrup gradually until you’re satisfied.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create a perfect creamy carob pudding every time that is both gluten-free and dairy-free!
In conclusion, this carob pudding recipe is the perfect dessert for those who are looking for a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional desserts. With its unique taste and texture, it is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering.
Not only is this pudding dairy-free and gluten-free, but it is also sugar-free and egg-free, making it suitable for those with dietary restrictions. The ingredients are easy to find, and the recipe itself is straightforward and easy to follow.
Additionally, this recipe can be easily adapted to suit personal preferences. Whether you want to add some nuts or make a pumpkin variation, the possibilities are endless.
Serving suggestions include pairing it with fresh fruit or topping it with coconut whipped cream. It can also be used as a filling for cakes, pies or even Swiss rolls.
Overall, this carob pudding ticks all the boxes of a healthy, delicious and versatile dessert option. So go ahead and try out this recipe today – your taste buds (and health) will thank you!
Carob Pudding (Gluten & Dairy Free) Recipe
- 2 cups rice milk or 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/8 teaspoon white stevia powder (if using 1/3 C honey instead, increase milk by 1/4 C)
- 5 tablespoons arrowroot
- 4 tablespoons carob powder
- 2 teaspoons corn-free natural vanilla (optional)
- Stir together the carob, arrowroot and stevia in a saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup of the milk and stir the mixture unti it is smooth.
- Add the rest of the milk (and the honey if using this option), and cook it over medium heat until it thickens and begins to boil.
- Stir in the vanilla and serve the pudding warm or cold.
Your Own Notes
Steven is a chef by heritage, so it’s no wonder why baking is such a big part of who he is. To share his passion for all things sweet, he created cookiesncrepes.com. It’s the perfect platform to indulge in delicious treats, all with a sprinkle of his signature flare.