Do you have a sweet tooth but don’t want to compromise your health goals? Then look no further than this 5 minute sugar free lemon cake recipe from the talented Shelly from Humble Kitchen. This recipe is perfect for those with dietary restrictions, as it is not only sugar free but also gluten free and low carb. But make no mistake, just because it’s healthy doesn’t mean it skimps on flavor! This cake is bursting with tangy lemon goodness that will leave you feeling both satisfied and refreshed.
One of the reasons I love this recipe so much is because of its convenience. You only need a handful of simple ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your pantry. Plus, it can be whipped up in just 5 minutes using your microwave. Yes, that’s right – you don’t even need an oven! Whether you need a quick sugary fix or are looking to impress guests with minimal effort, this recipe has got you covered.
But before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s take a closer look at what makes this recipe so special starting with the ingredient list. Trust me, your taste buds won’t regret it.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you tired of sacrificing taste for the sake of a guilt-free dessert? Look no further than Shelly’s 5 Minute Sugar Free Lemon Cake. This recipe delivers on flavor without the added sugar, making it the perfect option for those craving a lemon cake indulgence without compromising their health goals.
With just a handful of ingredients, this cake recipe is quick and easy to make. Plus, it’s versatile – use it as a base for your favorite toppings or even layer it with fresh fruit and whipped cream for an impressive dessert. The lemon flavor is bright and tangy, making it a refreshing treat for any occasion.
But perhaps the best part of this recipe is that it’s keto-friendly and gluten-free. It uses almond flour and coconut flour instead of traditional wheat flours, making it the go-to option for those on low-carb diets. The sugar-free aspect also allows for diabetics to indulge in a sweet treat without spiking their blood sugar levels.
In just 5 minutes, you can have a warm, tasty slice of cake ready to enjoy. So why settle for a subpar dessert when you can indulge in Shelly’s 5 Minute Sugar Free Lemon Cake? Give it a try and see for yourself why this recipe has become a staple in Shelly’s humble kitchen – it’s sure to become a hit in yours too!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 package lemon pudding mix (sugar-free)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- A pinch of Salt
This gluten-free and low carb recipe requires only a few basic ingredients. Almond flour is used instead of wheat flour for a better texture and nutritious value. Lemon pudding mix brings out the zesty goodness in this cake without adding any unnecessary sugar. Canola oil adds moisture, while milk and eggs give it a rich flavor. The addition of fresh lemon juice, zest, and just a pinch of salt create the perfect balance in flavors.
The Recipe How-To
Now it’s time to put our hands in the dough, or rather mix everything together. This is a quick and easy recipe for those moments when you want something sweet but don’t feel like spending hours in the kitchen. Let’s get started with this delicious 5 Minute Sugar Free Lemon Cake Recipe.
- Microwave-safe mug
- Mixing bowl
- 2 cups of sugar-free lemon cake mix
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice from a fresh lemon
- In the mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, salt, and whisk to mix.
- Add the canola oil, egg, milk, and lemon juice to the dry ingredients mixture. Mix well with a whisk until all the ingredients are well combined and there are no lumps.
- Pour your mixture into your microwave-safe mug, leaving some extra space at the top for rising.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Check that it is cooked by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake; if it comes out clean, it’s done! If not, return the mug to your microwave and cook for an additional 30 seconds or so depending on your microwave wattage.
Be careful while removing, as the mug will be hot after being microwaved.
- Add some lemon zest, frosting or icing sugar over your delicious 5 Minute Sugar Free Lemon Cake Recipe.
Substitutions and Variations
As a seasoned baker, I understand that substitutions and variations can turn a great recipe into something truly extraordinary. Here are some substitutions and variation suggestions to ensure your 5 Minute Sugar Free Lemon Cake Recipe continues to impress:
– Flour: If you’re looking for a gluten-free option, I recommend using almond flour or coconut flour in place of all-purpose flour. Both of these options will provide a nuttier flavor and denser texture to your cake.
– Lemon Pudding Mix: If you don’t have lemon pudding mix on hand, you can substitute it with vanilla pudding mix or any other flavored pudding mix. Keep in mind that this will change the overall flavor profile of your cake.
– Oil: Canola oil is great for baking, but you can also use vegetable oil or even melted butter in its place. Just be mindful that different oils may slightly alter the taste or texture of the cake.
– Milk: For an extra creamy texture, swap out regular milk for heavy cream or half-and-half. If you prefer a dairy-free option, almond milk or coconut milk work well too.
– Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice is optimal, but if you don’t have any on hand, bottled lemon juice works just as well. Or, if you prefer a sweeter lemon flavor, consider using a lemon curd instead.
– Chocolate Cake: For those who are not fans of lemon desserts, try using chocolate cake mix instead. It practically melts in your mouth!
With these simple substitutions and variations, the possibilities for customizing the 5 Minute Sugar-Free Lemon Cake Recipe are endless. So let your creativity take over and discover new ways to enjoy this delicious treat!
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving and pairing this 5 Minute Sugar Free Lemon Cake recipe by Shelly, there are plenty of options to choose from!
To start off, this cake is great for any time of day. If you’re looking for a light and refreshing breakfast or brunch option, pair it with a cup of hot tea or coffee. The lemon flavor goes perfectly with a variety of herbal teas, such as peppermint or chamomile. If you want to get fancy, add some fresh berries or whipped cream on top.
For a midday snack, add a dollop of lemon curd or lemon cream on top of the cake. This will give your taste buds an extra burst of flavor and make your snack feel more indulgent than it actually is!
As for dessert options, this cake pairs perfectly with a variety of desserts. For a classic combination, serve it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. The lemon flavor also pairs well with other citrus fruits such as oranges and limes.
If you’re serving this cake at a party or gathering, consider making lemon bars or other citrus desserts to accompany it. The bright and tangy flavors work well together and will leave your guests feeling refreshed and satisfied.
No matter how you choose to serve and pair this 5 Minute Sugar Free Lemon Cake, be sure to enjoy every bite!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Now that you’ve made your delicious Shelly’s 5 Minute Sugar Free Lemon Cake, you might be wondering how to store it and reheating options. I have some excellent tips to help keep your cake fresh and tasty even after a few days.
If you want to make this cake ahead of time, it is important to let it cool down completely before storing it. Once cooled, you can tightly wrap the cake with cling film or aluminum foil and store it in the fridge for up to three days. This way, you’ll always have a quick and easy snack for yourself or your guests.
To reheat the cake, let it sit out at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before popping it into the microwave for 30 seconds on high power. This will ensure that the cake is warm and moist, just like it was freshly made.
Another reheating option is to use a toaster oven or regular oven to heat up slices of the cake. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, wrap the sliced cake in aluminum foil, and bake for 8-10 minutes until heated through. The moistness of this cake means it reheats well without losing flavor or texture.
If you want to freeze this cake for later use, I recommend cutting it into individual slices first. Place each slice in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze for up to one month. When you’re ready to eat again, remove from the freezer and let defrost at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before reheating using one of the methods mentioned above.
With these simple tips, you can enjoy your Shelly’s 5 Minute Sugar Free Lemon Cake anytime without any worries about storage or reheating concerns.
Tips for Perfect Results
As a baker, I want to ensure everything turns out perfectly. Following the recipe is just one part of the process. There are a few tips and tricks that can help you get the most out of Shelly’s 5 Minute Sugar Free Lemon Cake Recipe.
One key ingredient that should be used judiciously is salt. Too much salt can ruin your cake, so always measure it carefully. Another ingredient that needs careful measurement is lemon pudding mix – this is the one ingredient that gives your cake its strong lemon flavour and texture, so make sure you use the right amount.
Canola oil is the ideal choice when it comes to baking as it has a neutral flavour and provides moisture to the cake, but any other vegetable oil will do in a pinch. Don’t use olive oil or butter as this will change the texture of the cake.
When making Shelly’s 5 Minute Sugar Free Lemon Cake Recipe, eggs are an important ingredient that helps bind everything together. Make sure they are at room temperature before using them, as cold eggs could cause your cake to have an uneven texture.
For best results, always use sugar-free products such as sugar-free pudding mix, sugar-free cake mix, and unsweetened almond milk in this sugar-free lemon cake recipe. This will give you the best flavour while keeping it low-carb.
In terms of lemons, fresh lemons are always better than bottled juice. For an extra burst of lemon flavour, add grated lemon zest into the mixture or use it as a topping once the cake has been cooked.
And there you have it – my top tips for perfect results with Shelly’s 5 Minute Sugar Free Lemon Cake Recipe. With these suggestions in mind, your cakes will be delicious and moist every time!
It’s time to indulge in the heavenly goodness of Shelly’s 5 Minute Sugar Free Lemon Cake recipe. This delightful treat is a perfect combination of sweet and tangy flavors, all in one bite of moist cake. Unlike regular cakes, this recipe contains no added sugar or gluten, making it an ideal fit for keto and low-carb diets.
Moreover, this five-minute recipe is incredibly easy to make, and you can even put your twist on it with various flavor combinations. From lemon raspberry to ridiculous chocolate, or even spicy lemon garlic baked tilapia, there’s a cake recipe for everyone. You can also customize it according to your liking by substituting ingredients.
Plus, Shelly’s minute sugar-free lemon cake makes a perfect snack on the go, as well as dessert or breakfast- grab it any time of the day! With the high protein content from eggs and almond flour, it’s great for refueling after a workout.
In summary, Shelly’s 5 Minute Sugar Free Lemon Cake is an absolute must-try for all cake lovers looking for a healthy yet delicious option. It’s so easy to prepare that you’ll never bother buying processed cakes again! So, start baking your way with Shelly’s scrumptious recipes and see what suits your taste buds the most- give yourself a break from box mixes and whip up this refreshing and satisfying treat today!
Shelly’s 5 Minute Sugar Free Lemon Cake Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk (I used Vanilla Soy)
- 2 tablespoons sugar free torani syrup (I used SF Vanilla)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons multigrain pancake mix (I use this)
- 3 tablespoons sugar free lemon pudding mix, dry
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 pinch salt
- In a measuring cup or microwave safe mug, Mix egg, milk, syrup and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, pudding mix, protein powder and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined.
- Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes. Let it sit for three or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping the cake onto a plate. Yields 4-5 slices.
- I topped it with Sliced Strawberries and Sugar Free Whipped Cream and a Drizzle of Sugar Free Strawberry Topping. I also sampled some with a drizzle of Simply Fruit Orange Marmalade. Yum!
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Steven is a chef by heritage, so it’s no wonder why baking is such a big part of who he is. To share his passion for all things sweet, he created cookiesncrepes.com. It’s the perfect platform to indulge in delicious treats, all with a sprinkle of his signature flare.