There’s nothing that brings people together like a homemade cake, especially when it’s made with fresh, delicious mountain apples. The sweet, juicy taste of the Tennessee mountain apple is like no other, and it’s the perfect ingredient to make a mouth-watering Mountain Apple Cake that will have everyone raving.
This cake recipe is an absolute showstopper that will have your family and friends begging for the recipe. Not only is it incredibly easy to make, but its moist and fluffy texture combined with the warm and comforting flavor of cinnamon will have you reaching for seconds (and maybe even thirds).
Join me on this baking adventure and learn how to make the best apple cake ever. Follow along for all my tips and tricks on how to achieve perfect results every time. Are you ready to get started? Let’s go!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Imagine taking a bite of a freshly-baked cake, feeling the soft texture of a tender crumb and the crunch of perfectly toasted pecans in every mouthful. Add to that the sweetness of juicy apple slices that are infused with warm cinnamon flavor, and you’ve got the perfect dessert to end your day.
Our Mountain Apple Cake recipe is nothing short of magical. This cake is bursting with fresh flavors, making it an ideal dish for any occasion, even for dessert lovers who aren’t too fond of apples. Trust me when I say this – this will be the best apple cake you’ll ever taste.
The moist apple slices nestled inside the cake will make every bite tantalizing, while the perfect blend of cinnamon and vanilla enhances the dish’s subtle sweetness. Not to mention, our recipe is a great way to add some variety to your baking repertoire; learn how to make something new that’s easy but also impressive.
Whether you’re having company over, or are just craving something sweet on your own, this Mountain Apple Cake is sure to satisfy your taste buds with its scrumptious goodness. It’s one of those recipes that adds warmth and comfort to any gathering, making you feel right at home.
So why not give our Mountain Apple Cake recipe a try? It’s a quick and easy dessert recipe that will make you everyone’s favorite baker. Plus, this recipe can be adapted and modified according to your preferences so you could make several different variations throughout fall, winter or summer! Trust us when we say; you won’t regret it!
To make this delicious Mountain Apple Cake, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled and sliced fresh mountain apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans or nuts
- Powdered sugar (for serving)
Make sure to use fresh mountain apples for this recipe, as they give it a unique taste and texture. You can also substitute the pecans with other nuts of your preference. Double-check that you have all the ingredients before starting to measure them out. Once everything is ready, it’s time to get started on making this delectable Mountain Apple Cake.
The Recipe How-To
Now, we are at the core of this article, the recipe on how to make a delicious Mountain Apple Cake. In this section, I’m going to walk you through the step-by-step process of making this delectable dessert so that you can enjoy it with your family and friends.
But before we get started, let’s review the ingredients list one more time, so you have everything ready on hand:
– 3 cups of all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 3 eggs
– 2 cups of sugar
– 1 cup of vegetable oil
– 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
– 4 cups of peeled and sliced mountain apples
– 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180 °C). Grease two round cake pans with cooking spray or butter.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another large mixing bowl, mix eggs with oil and sugar using an electric mixer until well combined. Add vanilla extract and continue mixing for another minute.
- Gradually add in the egg mixture to dry ingredients mixture; use a spatula or a wooden spoon to gently mix them together until smooth.
- Fold in the sliced apples and chopped pecans into the batter gradually using a spatula.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into each prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 25 -30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for five minutes before removing from pans.
- Place one cake layer onto a plate or serving dish; spread caramel apple pie filling over cake layer evenly then top with second layer cake.
- Finish off by dusting powdered sugar over top.
Tips for Success
If you want to make sure you get great results every time you make this recipe, here are some tips to help you along:
- Use fresh mountain apples if possible – they will give your cake a nice flavor and texture that is hard to beat;
- Be gentle when folding in the chopped nuts and apples at Step 5; otherwise, they will just sink to the bottom;
- Don’t skip step 9 because spreading caramel apple pie filling over cake layers give extra deliciousness and moisture.
That’s it! You have now successfully made one of the best apple cakes ever!
Substitutions and Variations
When it comes to baking, there’s always room to experiment with different flavors and ingredients. This mountain apple cake recipe is no exception. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try to make this recipe truly your own:
– Instead of sliced apples, try using other types of fruit such as pears, peaches or berries for a fruity twist on this classic recipe.
– If you prefer a richer flavor, consider substituting mayonnaise for vegetable oil in the recipe. You’ll be surprised at how moist and delicious your cake will turn out!
– For a nuttier taste and texture, swap out pecans for walnuts or almonds in the recipe.
– Want to take your mountain apple cake to the next level? Try adding a layer of caramel apple pie filling between the cake layers for a decadent treat that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
– You can also play around with the spices – try adding a dash of nutmeg or ginger for some added warmth and complexity.
These substitutions and variations may seem small, but they can lead to big differences in flavor and texture. Have fun experimenting with different ingredients to create a mountain apple cake that is uniquely yours!
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving and pairing the Mountain Apple Cake, I highly recommend serving it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. The warm, moist cake pairs perfectly with the cold, creamy ice cream or whipped cream to create a harmonious balance of flavors and temperatures that will make your taste buds dance.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also try pairing the cake with a sweet dessert wine, such as Sauternes or Moscato d’Asti, which complements the apple and cinnamon flavors in the cake.
This cake is versatile enough to serve for breakfast or brunch too. You can add a dollop of Greek yogurt to the side to balance out the sweetness while having something nutritious to start your day.
Overall, this Mountain Apple Cake is delicious on its own but it’s even better when combined with complementary accompaniments for an elevated dessert experience.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
When it comes to making this apple cake ahead of time, I say go for it. In fact, I think it’s even better when it’s given the luxury of resting overnight, as it allows the flavors to fully meld together. Simply let it cool completely before covering and storing in a large airtight container at room temperature.
Now, let’s talk about storage. This cake is best eaten within three days – trust me, you won’t be able to resist indulging in it that long anyway. If you have any leftovers after that timeline, you can freeze individual slices in an airtight container for up to two months. To reheat, simply pop a slice in the microwave on low heat until warm.
One more thing to note: if you plan on serving this cake at room temperature or cold, I recommend dusting it with a little bit of powdered sugar just before serving. The sweetness will beautifully balance out the slightly tart apples and cinnamon in the cake.
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to baking a cake, small things can make a big difference. Here are some tips that will ensure you get the perfect Mountain Apple Cake every time.
Firstly, when preparing your dry ingredients, it is essential that you sift your flour, salt, and baking soda together. This will help to aerate the flour and ensure that your cake is light and fluffy rather than dense and heavy.
It is also crucial to mix the eggs, oil, and sugar together until they are well blended. You want this mixture to be smooth and even with no visible bits of egg or sugar.
Once you have added the egg mixture to the dry ingredients, mix until just combined. Overmixing can result in a tough cake with uneven texture.
When it comes time to add the apples and nuts, gently fold them into the batter rather than stirring aggressively. This will prevent the apples from getting mushy and keep the nuts evenly distributed throughout the cake.
Lastly, make sure your oven is preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit before putting your cake in. This will ensure that the cake has consistent heat throughout cooking and bakes evenly.
By following these simple tips, you’ll be able to bake a delicious and moist Mountain Apple Cake every time.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for an impressive dessert that will leave your guests asking for more, this Mountain Apple Cake recipe should be at the top of your list. With its combination of warm cinnamon, fresh mountain apples, and pecans, this cake will satisfy even the most discerning taste buds.
Not only is this recipe easy to follow, but it can also be customized to fit various preferences by experimenting with different variations and substitutions. From caramel apple pie filling to spiced apple, there are numerous ways to make this cake unique.
Moreover, the convenience of being able to make-ahead and store the cake for up to a week without compromising on the taste or texture makes it an ideal dessert for busy homeowners.
So why not take a chance and try out this delectable Tennessee Mountain Apple Stack Cake recipe today? Trust me; your taste buds will thank you for it!
Mountain Apple Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups sliced apples
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, black walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- additional nuts (to garnish)
- Mix eggs, oil, and sugar. Blend well.
- Sift flour, salt,soda and cinnamon.
- Add to egg mixture.
- Add vanilla, apples and nuts. Mix well.
- Pour into a 9 inch bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours at 350°F until cake is set in the middle and is golden brown.
- Meanwhile combine brown sugar, milk, butter, and vanilla in a sauce pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour over cake while it is hot out of the oven (leave cake in the bundt pan).
- When cooled completely remove cake to a serving plate.
- For frosting, combine powdered sugar, mayonnaise, vanilla and milk until a smooth, slightly thick icing forms.
- Once cake is cooled drizzle icing over entire cake.
- Sprinkle with additional nuts and enjoy!
- I have done several variations such as added raisins, mango, and even bananas with the apples they all have came out great!
- Just play with the recipe and add your favorites and it sure to be a hit at any party or family gathering.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Steven is a chef by heritage, so it’s no wonder why baking is such a big part of who he is. To share his passion for all things sweet, he created cookiesncrepes.com. It’s the perfect platform to indulge in delicious treats, all with a sprinkle of his signature flare.