As a baking assistant, I couldn’t be more thrilled to share with you the ultimate cheesecake recipe! Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this masterpiece is sure to delight all taste buds.
The recipe has been perfected by renowned chefs like Tyler Florence and Jamie Oliver who have tweaked it to create their signature twist. The cheesecake’s creamy texture, rich flavor, and decadent crust make it irresistible. And the great thing? You don’t have to break the bank or spend hours in the kitchen to make it.
So get ready because we are about to embark on a journey of pure bliss – one delicious slice at a time.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
When it comes to cheesecake, I know there are plenty of options out there. But let me tell you, this ultimate cheesecake recipe is in a class of its own. If you have a sweet tooth, a passion for dessert, or just love good food, this recipe is for you. Here’s why:
First and foremost, this recipe produces a truly decadent dessert. The texture is rich and creamy with just the right amount of tanginess from the cream cheese. The crust is perfectly crisp and provides a satisfying contrast to the silky filling. You won’t be able to resist taking that second bite.
Another reason to love this recipe? It’s versatile! While it’s delicious on its own, there are countless ways to customize and elevate this cheesecake. Top it with your favorite fruit compote or drizzle it with chocolate sauce. Add a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkle of nuts. The possibilities are endless.
And let’s not forget about presentation. This cheesecake is visually stunning with its smooth, ivory filling and golden crust. It looks impressive on a dessert table and will have your guests raving about your culinary skills.
Finally, this recipe is easy to make! With straightforward instructions and minimal ingredients, even novice bakers can tackle this recipe with confidence. Plus, it’s a great way to impress friends and family at dinner parties or potlucks.
Whether you’re looking for the perfect dessert for a special occasion or just want to treat yourself after a long week, this ultimate cheesecake recipe is sure to hit the spot. Trust me when I say that once you give it a try, you’ll never look back (or at any other- my addition) cheesecake recipes again!
- 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs (about 32 crackers)
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounces) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 2/3 cups of granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon peel
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon of grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
This recipe requires various ingredients, but they are all readily available in most grocery stores. The crust is made up mostly of graham crackers, with the addition of granulated sugar and melted butter. Meanwhile, the filling is rich and delicious, with cream cheese being the star ingredient. You’ll also need some other staples like sugar, salt, vanilla extract, lemon peel, eggs, and heavy cream. If desired, you can add an optional extra flavor to the mix with grated orange zest and cinnamon. Lastly, the topping is simple but adds a nice touch – consisting only of sour cream, granulated sugar, and grated lemon peel.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have gone over the ingredients we need, it is time to get started with making the ultimate cheesecake. In this section, I’ll walk you through the step-by-step process to make sure your cheesecake comes out of the oven perfect every time.
Preparing the Crust
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Step 2: In a bowl, mix together 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter until well combined.
Step 3: Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan, making sure the crust is even.
Step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes then remove from oven and let cool.
Making the Filling
Step 5: In a medium bowl, mix 32 ounces of cream cheese softened at room temperature, 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract until creamy.
Step 6: Add in zest from one lemon peel, zest from half an orange peel, and 2 teaspoons** of all-purpose flour. Mix until well combined.
Step 7: Add in 4 large eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
Step 8: Mix in 1/2 cup of heavy cream, scrape down the sides of the bowl so everything is evenly incorporated into the mixture.
Combining the Filling and Crust
Step 9: Pour filling into prepared crust.
Step10: Bake at 325°F for about 55-60 minutes, or until the cheesecake is almost set but still a little jiggly in center.
Adding Sour Cream Topping
If desired, you can add a sour cream topping which will make your cheesecake even more delicious:
Step11: Mix together 1 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Step12: Spread mixture on top of baked cheesecake and bake for another 10 minutes.
Letting Your Cheesecake Cool
Remove cheesecake from oven and run a knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen it from sides. Allow it to cool completely before releasing it from pan (you can put it in refrigerator to speed up cooling). Chill in refrigerator for minimum four hours before serving.
There you have it! A detailed guide that’ll help you create a delicious creamy ultimate cheesecake every time.
Substitutions and Variations
Cooking is all about experimentation and creativity. If you want to switch things up a bit or have some dietary restrictions, here are some substitutions and variations for this ultimate cheesecake recipe:
– Gluten-free crust: Replace the graham cracker crumbs with almond flour or gluten-free cookies.
– Vegan filling: Swap cream cheese for vegan cream cheese and heavy cream for coconut cream.
– Fruit toppings: Besides the classic strawberry topping, try blueberries, raspberries, or cherries for a fruity twist.
– Citrus flavors: Instead of vanilla extract, add lemon or orange zest to the filling for a brighter taste.
– Chocolate addition: Mix in some melted dark chocolate into the filling for a decadent chocolate cheesecake.
– Nutty crust: Try mixing in chopped nuts like almonds, pecans or walnuts into the graham cracker crumbs for an extra crunch.
Remember, you can always experiment and create new variations. A simple change of ingredient can bring a whole new flavor profile to your cheesecake. Have fun and enjoy!
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving and pairing this ultimate cheesecake recipe, the possibilities are endless. One option is to top slices of the cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream, fresh fruit or fruit compote that complements the flavor of the cheesecake. You can even sprinkle some cinnamon or chocolate shavings to enhance the overall look and taste.
Pairing-wise, this recipe is versatile and can go well with a wide range of beverages. For those who prefer wine, a dessert wine such as Moscato or Late Harvest Riesling would be a perfect match for this creamy dessert. Alternatively, you can also try pairing your cheesecake with a hot cup of coffee, tea or even a glass of milk for a comforting treat.
Another serving suggestion is to add some toppings directly to the filling while baking the cheesecake. Some popular options include blueberries, strawberries, raspberry jam or even chocolate chips. This can add some extra flair to your cheesecake’s presentation and make it stand out from other dessert options.
Overall, when it comes to serving and pairing this ultimate cheesecake recipe, let your creativity run wild while keeping in mind the flavors that work best together. Whether you decide to serve it plain or with toppings, this cheesecake is sure to impress anyone who tries it!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
You’ve spent hours perfecting your ultimate cheesecake recipe, now the question is, how to store or reheat it? Fear not, I’ve got you covered.
If you know you will be short on time or just want to get ahead of the game, this recipe can indeed be made ahead of time. Once cooled, the cheesecake can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days or frozen for up to a month.
To freeze, wrap the cooled cheesecake in plastic wrap and then foil (or use freezer bags). When ready to eat, transfer it to the refrigerator one day before serving. Cheesecake actually tastes better if it’s allowed to thaw slowly.
If you’re planning on reheating a slice, it’s important to do it properly in order to avoid drying it out. There are two ways I recommend heating up your leftover cheesecake:
Firstly, you may reheat by slicing it and heating each slice for a few seconds in the microwave. Be careful not to overheat as this will dry out your cheesecake. Start with 10-15 seconds at low power as a gauge and adjust accordingly.
Alternatively, heat up some water in a saucepan and then place the sliced cheesecake on top of a wire rack positioned over the saucepan. Allow steam from the water below to warm the slice gently which helps keep the texture moist.
That said, in my experience cheesecake never lasts very long once it hits that plate!
Tips for Perfect Results
Making the perfect cheesecake has always been an elusive pursuit for many bakers. But with a few simple tips and tricks, you can achieve the perfect cheesecake every time. Here are some tips to ensure your ultimate cheesecake recipe turns out creamy, delicious and impressive:
First and foremost, always make sure your ingredients are at room temperature before you start mixing them. This rule applies especially to the cream cheese – make sure it’s soft and spreadable before you start mixing it with other ingredients.
Another tip is to avoid overmixing the batter. Overmixing can lead to a dense and heavy cheesecake, so mix only until all the ingredients are combined.
When preparing the crust, be sure to press it firmly into the bottom of the pan to ensure a tight seal. This will reduce any chance of moisture creeping inside during baking time.
To prevent cracks from forming on the surface of the cheesecake, try baking it in a water bath. Wrap your springform pan in aluminum foil, and then place it in a larger baking dish. Add enough hot water to reach about halfway up the sides of your springform pan.
Don’t forget that patience is crucial when it comes to cheesecake baking. It’s important to let your cheesecake cool completely before slicing into it for serving. Rushing this part of the process can result in a sloppy mess instead of beautiful slices.
Lastly, if you want to try something new and different from traditional cheesecake, feel free to experiment with flavors or toppings! Try adding chocolate chips or bluberries into your batter or create a chocolate ganache topping for extra taste sensation.
With these tips, you can quickly become an expert in making delicious homemade cheesecakes that look like they were prepared by professional bakeries. So next time you’re craving dessert, roll up your sleeves and give this ultimate cheesecake recipe a try!
In conclusion, if you’re looking for the ultimate cheesecake recipe to add to your recipe book, look no further than this Tyler Florence Ultimate Cheesecake Recipe. With its perfect blend of cream cheese, eggs, and sugar, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering. Plus, with the added twist of orange zest and lemon peel, it’s a delicious and unique take on the classic cheesecake.
Not only is this recipe easy to follow, but it also allows for substitutions and variations to make it your own. Want to try a different crust or flavor? Go for it! This recipe is versatile enough to accommodate any sweet tooth.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out, this cheesecake recipe is perfect for you. With its comprehensive instructions and helpful tips, anyone can make a delicious and creamy cheesecake that will rival any New York-style bakery.
So why wait? Add this Tyler Florence Ultimate Cheesecake Recipe to your shopping list today and get ready to impress your friends and family with a deliciously homemade dessert. Trust me, once you try it, it’ll become a regular in your kitchen’s dessert rotation.
Ultimate Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, plus
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400’F.
- Grease the inside of a 9 inch springform pan (3 inches high). Remove side.
- CRUST: In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, lemon peel and vanilla. Make a well in the center. With a fork, blend in yolk and butter. Mix well, rubbing between fingertips, until smooth.
- On the bottom of the pan, form half of the dough into a ball. Place parchment or waxed paper on top, and roll pastry to edge of pan. Remove paper. Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Meanwhile, divide the rest of the dough into 3 balls. Cut six strips of waxed paper, 3 inches wide.
- On dampened surface, between paper strips, roll each part 2 1/4 inches wide and 9 inches long. Assemble springform pan with crust on the bottom. Line inside of pan with pastry strips, overlapping ends. Remove waxed paper strips and smooth inside crust with fingers. Preheat oven to 450′.
- Wrap the outside of the pan tightly with one sheet of wide heavy duty aluminum foil, making sure no seams are around the bottom. Boil 4 quarts of water. Place the springform pan in a large roasting pan.
- In large mixer bowl, blend cheese, sugar, flour, peels and vanilla at high speed. Beat in eggs and yolks, one at a time. Beat until smooth, occasionally scraping down the bowl with a spatula. Beat in cream. Pour into pan, smooth the top with a spatula. Place the roasting pan with the springform pan on the middle rack of the oven and pull out so that you can reach it easily,. Push springform pan to one side and carefully pour the boiling water in the roasting pan until it comes to within 1" of the top. Carefully push it into the oven. Bake 10 minutes, reduce oven heat to 250′. Bake 1 1/2 hours longer, or until knife inserted comes out clean. Turn off oven, open door and allow to cool until water bath is tepid, about 1/2 hour. Remove cheesecake to a cooling rack and cool for 1 1/2 hours longer.
Your Own Notes
Steven is a chef by heritage, so it’s no wonder why baking is such a big part of who he is. To share his passion for all things sweet, he created cookiesncrepes.com. It’s the perfect platform to indulge in delicious treats, all with a sprinkle of his signature flare.