Indulge in a rich and decadent dessert without ever turning on your oven. Get ready for the best no-bake cheesecake you’ve ever tasted. Our chocolate amaretto cheesecake recipe is everything you need to satisfy your sweetest cravings.
It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion, from a fancy dinner party to an intimate gathering with friends. With this recipe, you can make an elegant and creamy cheesecake mousse that will leave everyone asking for more.
The combination of bittersweet chocolate and Amaretto liqueur delivers an astonishing depth of flavor that will wow your taste buds. And the best part? You don’t need an ounce of baking expertise to succeed! Whether you’re a beginner baker or a professional pastry chef, this no-bake cheesecake recipe is easy yet impressive.
Follow our simple step-by-step instructions, and you’ll have a perfect dessert in no time. From now on, there’s no need to spend hours in the kitchen or worry about turning on the oven during hot summer days – this recipe will do the trick!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’re a fan of desserts, then this no-bake chocolate amaretto cheesecake recipe is for you. It’s the perfect balance between creamy, sweet and indulgent, with a hint of bitterness from the bittersweet chocolate that adds depth to the flavour.
But here’s what makes this recipe even more special: it’s incredibly easy to make. No need for an oven – This cheesecake is a hassle-free dessert that can be prepared ahead of time and always impresses your guests.
Another reason to love this recipe is its versatility. You can use any type of cookies or biscuits as a base and swap the flavors to your liking. The amaretto infusion on this recipe lifts the cheesecake into something otherworldly but if you prefer to explore different flavors, it’s also possible using other liqueurs.
Did I mention that leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days? That means you don’t have to worry about making dessert every night after dinner. You have an incredible sweet treat ready and waiting for when your sweet tooth craves satisfaction.
Make any gathering more exciting with this no-bake chocolate amaretto cheesecake. Each bite will offer something new and exciting – from the cookie crust to the delicious amaretto-infused creamy filling, all topped off with chocolate shavings. It will satisfy even those who aren’t fans of desserts!
Let’s Get Your Ingredients Ready:
For the crust:
- 200g chocolate digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
For the cheesecake:
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Amaretto liqueur
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 3 tbsp whole milk
For the chocolate amaretto mousse:
- 150 g bittersweet chocolate, chopped and melted
- 1/2 cup Amaretto liqueur
- 2 cups whipping cream
Additional toppings and garnish:
- White chocolate almond Amaretto or fresh berries, optional for garnish.
Now that we’ve looked over the ingredient list, let’s get in to the recipe steps.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have gathered all of the necessary ingredients, it’s time to start creating this mouth-watering chocolate amaretto cheesecake. Below are the instructions on how to make it:
Step 1: Crust
Start by crushing amaretti di saronno cookies into fine crumbs, stirring in a melted butter and brown sugar mixture until it is fully combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, ensuring it is spread out evenly.
Step 2: Cheesecake filling
Melt bittersweet chocolate in a double boiler and set it aside. In a separate bowl, beat together cream cheese and brown sugar, then stir in amaretto liqueur and melted chocolate until thoroughly mixed. In another bowl, dissolve unflavored gelatin in warm milk and add it to the previous mixture. Pour this over the crust.
Step 3: Amaretto mousse
Beat together another batch of cream cheese and sugar until smooth, then add in some more amaretto liqueur. Next, stir in some whipped topping to create an airy texture for the mousse. Spread this layer on top of the cheesecake layer.
Step 4: Topping
Melt some white chocolate in a double boiler and drizzle it over top of the layers.
Step 5: Chill
Place cheesecake into the freezer for at least an hour until firm.
Enjoy your decadent no-bake chocolate amaretto cheesecake!
Substitutions and Variations
Looking to make some changes to this delicious chocolate amaretto cheesecake recipe? Here are a few variations and substitutions that you can try out:
1. White chocolate amaretto cheesecake: For a twist on the classic chocolate amaretto cheesecake, substitute the bittersweet chocolate with white chocolate. You can also add some toasted almonds or almond extract for an extra boost of flavor.
2. Amaretti cookie crust: Instead of using regular graham crackers for the crust, crush up some amaretti di Saronno cookies and mix them with melted butter. This will give your cheesecake a distinct almond flavor and a slightly crunchy texture.
3. Cherry amaretto cheesecake cups: For an individual sized dessert, prepare the cheesecake mixture as directed and spoon it into small cups or jars. Top each cup with a dollop of cherry pie filling and sprinkle some crushed amaretti cookies on top.
4. Chocolate cranberry amaretto cheesecake: Add some dried cranberries to the cheesecake mixture along with the melted chocolate and Amaretto liqueur to create a unique blend of flavors.
5. Almond cheesecake: Skip the chocolate altogether and focus on the Amaretto and almond flavors by using finely crushed almonds in place of the bittersweet chocolate.
With these substitutions and variations, you can put your own spin on this classic chocolate amaretto cheesecake recipe and make it truly unique. So get creative with your ingredients and enjoy!
Serving and Pairing
Once your chocolate amaretto cheesecake is ready, it’s time to serve it up and enjoy the delicious results. This no-bake cheesecake is an excellent dessert option for special occasions, dinner parties or any day you want to indulge in something sweet and decadent.
The rich and creamy flavor of this chocolate amaretto cheesecake pairs perfectly with a bold cup of coffee, espresso, or a glass of red wine. The almond and chocolate flavors make it a perfect option as an after-dinner treat or as part of a dessert buffet.
For added variety, consider serving this cheesecake alongside other desserts like a cherry cheesecake or even another type of chocolate dessert – think chocolate cranberry or almond cheesecake. You can also create bite-sized portions by preparing this recipe in individual servings like cheesecake cups or mini-cakes.
No matter how you choose to serve your chocolate amaretto cheesecake, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Just be sure to let it set up in the refrigerator first so that it stays firm and holds its shape for optimal presentation.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
This no-bake chocolate amaretto cheesecake recipe is perfect for make-ahead preparation, as it requires several hours in the refrigerator to set. After refrigerating, you can keep the cheesecake chilled for up to 3 days before serving.
To store the cheesecake, wrap it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil tightly and place it in an airtight container or cake carrier. Make sure that there is enough space between the cheesecake and the lid so that it will not be disturbed by any movement during transport.
If you wish to freeze the cheesecake, it is best to cut it into individual portions first and then wrap them tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. The cheesecake will stay fresh for up to one month when stored in this way. Thaw frozen cheesecake overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
When reheating, keep in mind that this is a no-bake dessert and so no oven time is necessary. Simply microwave individual portions of the cheesecake for 15 seconds on medium heat until slightly warm. You can also let the cheesecake stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving to take off some of the chill.
The flavors of this decadent chocolate amaretto cheesecake develop further as it chills, so making it ahead allows all of its delicious flavors to meld together. Whether you’re taking individual servings to work or having company over for a special occasion, this recipe delivers creamy, indulgent flavor with convenience and ease-of-preparation in mind.
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure that your chocolate amaretto cheesecake comes out as delicious as possible, here are some tips to follow:
1. Use quality ingredients: This recipe calls for bittersweet chocolate, cream cheese, and Amaretto liqueur. Using high-quality ingredients will result in a richer and more decadent flavor.
2. Double check your cream cheese: Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before you start mixing it with the other ingredients. This will ensure that it mixes smoothly and results in a creamy bake.
3. Prepare the crust carefully: The crust is the foundation of any good cheesecake. Be sure to finely crush the amaretti cookies or digestive biscuits and mix them well with the melted butter. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan to ensure an even and stable base for your cheesecake.
4. Melt chocolate properly: When melting chocolate, be sure to do it slowly and carefully so that it doesn’t burn or seize up. Use either a double boiler or the microwave in short bursts of 15-20 seconds, stirring in between each burst until the chocolate is smooth and fully melted.
5. Chill before serving: For best results, allow your chocolate amaretto cheesecake to chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving so that it sets properly.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to making a perfect no-bake chocolate amaretto cheesecake that’s sure to impress your guests!
In conclusion, the No-Bake Chocolate Amaretto Cheesecake Recipe is a must-try for all dessert aficionados. With its creamy bake and delectable crust, this recipe is sure to leave you wanting more. Its use of unique ingredients such as amaretti di saronno cookies and Amaretto liqueur gives it a distinct and flavorful taste that sets it apart from other cheesecake recipes.
Whether you’re looking for a dessert to serve at a dinner party or simply want to indulge in something sweet, this cheesecake recipe is a fantastic choice. It’s easy to make, can be prepared in advance, and doesn’t require any oven time. Plus, with substitutions and variations readily available, you can customize the recipe to fit your preferences.
So why not give this recipe a try? Impress your guests with a chocolate amaretto cheesecake at your next gathering or treat yourself to this scrumptious dessert after a long day. Trust me; your taste buds will thank you.
No-Bake Chocolate Amaretto Cheesecake Recipe
- 32 amaretti di saronno cookies (I can’t remember exactly what they are called, but they are chocolate-dipped rolled waffle cookies)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (1 envelope of Knox unflavoured gelatin. If using sheet gelatin, use appropriate quantity to set 2 c)
- 1/2 cup Amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate or 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- If you cannot find the waffle cookies already pre-dipped in chocolate, then melt 2 squares of semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate with 2 T of butter. Pour the chocolate mixture into a tall thin glass and dip the rolled waffle cookies in the chocolate. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Chill until set.
- Beat the cream cheese and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the Amaretto, in a small saucepan, and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir over low heat until the gelatine dissolves.
- Blend the warm gelatin into the cheese mixture.
- Beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into the gelatin and cheese mixture. Reserve 1 cup of this mixture.
- Melt the 6 squares of chocolate and let cool. Fold the chocolate into the remaining cheese mixture. Reserve 1/2 cup of this mixture.
- Use small dabs of the chocolate cheese mixture to aid in standing the prepared waffle cookies, dipped ends up, in a ring around the rim of a 8 1/2 inch springform pan.
- Spread the remaining chocolate cheese mixture into the prepared pan. Spread reserved plain cheese mixture evenly on top. Top with dabs of the reserved 1/2 cup of the chocolate cheese mixture. Swirl with a knife to create marbled effect.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Garnish, if desired, with chocolate curls or whole blanched almonds. Let your imagination take you away!
Your Own Notes
Steven is a chef by heritage, so it’s no wonder why baking is such a big part of who he is. To share his passion for all things sweet, he created cookiesncrepes.com. It’s the perfect platform to indulge in delicious treats, all with a sprinkle of his signature flare.